Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

@goldensrbest I think it truly depends on their personalities and likes. Not all 13-year old girls like the same thing.  What are their interests?

One is more tom boy ,likes keeping busy,the other is quite ,and into all the electronic stuff,has a lot of that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Another thought: earrings. Even girls who don't like jewelry usually have and wear pierced earrings.

Done that as little love you gifts from me.

Honored Contributor

For her birthday, I bought my 13 year old niece two travel makeup bags that you can take your makeup and hair stuff and some small toiletries and filled it with hair ties, brushes, bath crystals, chapstick, etc.  It was "the best gift ever."

You can get two of them off of Amazon in some really great prints or colors for about $30.   I bought her one in a London travel pattern and my 12 year old niece is getting Italy for Christmas.

I also just bought her an art set for Christmas that has all kinds of different drawing pencils in it.  Together with a sketch journal, I thnk she'll really enjoy it.  That was about $30 all together too.

I just gave a full art kit with paints and everything to my sister for her birthday along with sketch pads.  She's very creative and loved it.   Got it for about $50 including pads with a Michaels coupon.   

Even if they are not drawers, a nice art set with coloring books (adult of course) might keep them busy and off a device screen for a bit during winter. 

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Seriously, I don't think 13 year olds would appreciate this. Good thought but for another time.

What you mean?

Honored Contributor

One last thought, for the electronic one...

I just bought my 14 year old nephew who is on his phone so much I don't know what he really looks like anymore, a party bot.  It was only about $30 and you connect it to your phone. 

It's a speaker and the robot dances to whatever music you stream through it and lights up.  I haven't given it yet but it looks cute and has good reviews.   

Respected Contributor

Re: 13 year old girls

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest If your granddaughters don't have bank accounts take them to a bank & open a checking & savings account for each one & make the first deposits their birthday gift...it's a wonderful way to teach financial responsibility. After the bank go to lunch.. my granddaughters loved it & we had fun talking about all the possibilities saving money could bring to their futures. Of course you'll need their parents permission. It will be a lasting memory & not something outgrown or tossed away.

Respected Contributor

Hello goldensrbest, I'm referring to fourpaws56,re: donation in their name. 

I think gift card for this age group is a safe bet. Which gift card? Not for me to knowSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I would go with cash or a gift card to a favorite store.💵 

Honored Contributor

I am going to just take them out to whatever clothing store they like,now to see what each one picks!!!

Respected Contributor

That's a great idea. That way you both, or all 3, get to enjoy.