Respected Contributor

13-Year-Old Accepted to UAB Medical School

13 year-old Alena Wicker, a college junior, has been accepted to UAB’s Heersink School of Medicine.

"Admitted to Arizona State University and Oakwood University at age 12, Wicker has already completed two and a half years’ worth of courses in just 12 months and has no intention of slowing down. Now the college junior is celebrating her early acceptance into the Heersink School of Medicine."

12-Year-Old Girl Going to College Hopes to Work for NASA | PEOPLE.com

I'm proof you can': Black 13-year-old college student says she's headed to UAB  medical school - al.com

Alena Analeigh Wicker Becomes the Youngest Black Person Ever to be Accepted  Into Medical School • EBONY

Space ship Alena built with Legos. Alena has built the Taj Mahal, the Disney castle, the Millennium Falcon, the Apollo 11 rover and a NASA rocket with Legos

split-02-12-year-old-nasa-02-ht-iwb-210409_1617978427974_hpEmbed_13x8_992.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: 13-Year-Old Accepted to UAB Medical School

Wow, good for her and cute as a button to boot.  She is one smart cookie!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

What a gifted young lady! Sharing her talents to help others is indeed special.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to Ms. Wicker - a real-life Doogie Howser!  (By the way, for those who don't know, UAB = University of Alabama at Birmingham.)

Honored Contributor

Wonderfully refreshing news these days!

Much luck to this amazing gifted young lady!  I hope you never stop achieving!!!

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr    Exactly where my mind went and I have no idea why.  I don't believe I ever saw more than a few mintes of that show!

The world is so lucky to have her -  and she is so fortunate to live where girls and women qualify to be educated!

Honored Contributor

Her patients will be very lucky to have her as their medical professional. Wonder what area she will choose to specialize in, maybe even more than one. 

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Her patients will be very lucky to have her as their medical professional. Wonder what area she will choose to specialize in, maybe even more than one. 

@RetRN  I read that her dream is to become a viral immunologist.

Regular Contributor

Doogie Howser, M.D. in real life.

Regular Contributor

Not only is she a genius but beautiful as well.  She has achieved more in 13 short years than some people do in a lifetime.  Wishing her great success.