Honored Contributor

Re: 13 More Minutes Of Daylight Today!

We've noticed a week or so ago evenings are staying lighter longer - 5:40P or so, as well we talked about mornings being lighter earlier just this morning.

All is good, SPRING is on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Yup, only 70 more days until Spring, 163 days until Summer, 256 days until fall, 346 days until winter, and 350 days until Christmas.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I noticed last night while out running errands that it wasn't as dark at 5:30pm as it has been recently.  It's such an optimistic feeling!

Here in (lower) Michigan, we have had a pretty mild winter - SO FAR.  We had a freak snow storm in early November but nothing much since then, and mild temps.  We still have a long way to go before the threat of snow/ice is over for the season, but our high tomorrow is predicted to hit 50 so I'm happy for now! 

Respected Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

I noticed last night while out running errands that it wasn't as dark at 5:30pm as it has been recently.  It's such an optimistic feeling!

Here in (lower) Michigan, we have had a pretty mild winter - SO FAR.  We had a freak snow storm in early November but nothing much since then, and mild temps.  We still have a long way to go before the threat of snow/ice is over for the season, but our high tomorrow is predicted to hit 50 so I'm happy for now! 

Yes it has been rather mild and I am PRAYING we make it thur the next 8wks with no snow!!!!  My husband thinks I will be disappointed but hey I am hopeful!  Today was supposed to be in the 40's but never made it so far....and I did see the 50's tomorrow...hope they got that rightWoman Happy  Doing the happy dance!

Honored Contributor

I've noticed those extra minutes too. We are preparing for a big snowfall on Saturday night. If that happens, a call goes out for shovelers to help clear the seats at Lambeau Field for the Packer game. Good thing it is the last game of the weekend.

Honored Contributor

I also noticed just yesterday, that it didn't get dark so early in the day. As a newer resident to the northeast, I'm very interested in when the dark cold days will come to an end.

I looked up the average temps for where I live, and the coldest months are November-February.  I moved here November 1st, so I feel like I'm already past the halfway point.  happy about that!

Trusted Contributor

I absolutely love winter and love the fact that it's dark at 4:30 PM here.  It starts to get a bit lighter after Jan 1st but still dark by 5PM.  

Esteemed Contributor

Barely daring to hope, but seeing a slight sign.  Love long, long days.