Esteemed Contributor

Re: 12 foot long Python found in a woman's bathroom in College Station Texas

On 5/14/2014 twopeas said:

These animals belong in the wild, not kept in homes where they can kill people and pets. Constrictors are very dangerous. Plus, I feel sorry for them. It's horrible that they are kept in a glass cage. A real shame.

I agree with this. These people who get animals like this drive me crazy. People buying monkeys that are ripped out of their mothers hands as soon as they are born so they can be sold to people is absolutely disgusting. It causes both major depression. You hear stories of people owning tigers, lions and all kinds of animals that are supposed to be in the wild. I have no sympathy when I hear a monkey has torn its owners face off. People like this really infuriate me.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I showed this to my husband - he said "" so i guess that is why everyone in Texas needs a gun.""

Honored Contributor

I bet she won't have a rat infestation.

Honored Contributor

On 5/14/2014 twopeas said:

These animals belong in the wild, not kept in homes where they can kill people and pets. Constrictors are very dangerous. Plus, I feel sorry for them. It's horrible that they are kept in a glass cage. A real shame.

I agree!

Honored Contributor

I cannot imagine this type of snake coming up through a toilet. Besides, they are not even 'water-type' snakes are they?

I wonder if these people keep doors open or something. I have to admit that my first thought was 'how does a snake that large get all the way into somebody's house and find his/her way to their bathroom?'.

I have a neighbor who frequently keeps their back door open all day long (in warmer weather). I don't know how people do that. If I get one fly in the house I'm hating it.

Once, when I lived in Carson City, a scorpion got in my apartment. This was over 30 years ago and I remember thinking - how could the scorpion get in the apartment, go down the stairs, and into the bathroom. Fortunately, the husband took care of matters and tried to spare me even knowing about it.

Honored Contributor

Police believe the African python slipped into the house when Rodriguez left the back door open after bathing her three household guinea pigs and putting the critters in outdoor pens.

Rodriguez says she heard strange noises, returned to the bathroom and discovered the snake crawling into the tub. She called 911.

College Station police and animal control officers removed the snake, using a city trash can as a temporary receptacle for the reptile.

No guinea pigs were harmed.

Honored Contributor

Whoa, that's a big'in! I would scream bloody murder...it is quite an awesome snake though...

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

On 5/15/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Another Peeping Tom? Or maybe I should say, Peeing Tom?

oh geez! {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} That was very punny! LOL! Drum roll please

Respected Contributor

We used to have a cute tree frog that stayed near our patio. One day when I was cleaning up the mulch around one plant, I saw the tail end of a large garter snake. In it's mouth was the tail end of our tree frog. I got a sharp edged shovel and that was the end of the snake. Hours later I saw many bees on the snake's carcass. I hate snakes!!!!
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I am not sure I could ever go in that bathroom again...literally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**