Valued Contributor

Re: 12 foot long Python found in a woman's bathroom in College Station Texas

aaaaaaaaaaaaaakk
Honored Contributor

Don't those squeeze people to death? I saw a show once and one like that swallowed a cow. I'm not certain it was a python but it was huge like that.

Super Contributor

Dang!

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Honored Contributor

I can hardly bear to read this thread! It is just a horrible nightmare to me. I do not like to look at snakes. I appreciate them, and they do nature well, but that is were they belong! In Nature. I agree with twopeas, these reptiles belong in their natural habitat. Many are illegal anyway, and it is just cruel to hoard these creatures.

That poor lady, that is all I can say. How scary!

Honored Contributor

On 5/14/2014 betteb said:

I would just die!

He's probably ticked cause there's no toilet paper.

Honored Contributor

On 5/14/2014 sidsmom said:

My guy, who is a police officer, said a patrol car on his watch had a water snake in the back seat on the floor. Luckily they found it before going on patrol, but it could've hid anywhere! Wow...can you imagine having that thing crawl around when you're driving 70mph down the tollway? Eeps!!!

How big is a water snake? That would have scared the beejeezuz out of me. How did a water snake get in there? I am not familiar with them, unless you are speaking of an anaconda? Yikes!!

Super Contributor

I think snakes are beautiful but I guess I would be somewhat freaked out by that in my bathroom. I certainly would not want it harmed and I agree with you who think it is cruel to keep them enclosed -- even more cruel to make purse and the like out of them.
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/14/2014 Lucky Charm said:
On 5/14/2014 betteb said:

I would just die!

He's probably ticked cause there's no toilet paper.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I had great interest in snakes when I was younger, but that fascination has long passed. When I was 12, I stepped in the middle of a coiled copperhead while walking through our tractor shed. The snake never moved, and my Dad killed it. The snake was over 3 ft long, and was in the midst of shedding its skin; Daddy showed us the thick skin over the snakes eyes and pit sensor, which is the only reason I was not bitten that day. That was the only copperhead we have ever seen on our property. We have dealt with several black snakes and multitudes of garter snakes around our house. One summer I killed garter snakes nearly every day for weeks (28 total); we had a den of them under our side deck, and you had to be careful every time you opened the door to go outside, for fear one would come inside the house. Female garter snakes can have as many as 40, and they are born live. The only time snakes scare me is when I come up on one suddenly; if I smell them, or see them at a distance, they don't worry me. We kill any snake around my house.

I would not attempt to mess with a python inside my house. I have killed small snakes by stepping on their heads, scalding them, or smashing them with a baseball bat. If I saw a snake this size outside, I would shoot it with a rifle or shotgun.

Esteemed Contributor

We had a snake come up out of a toilet in our spare bathroom one time.

Scared the beejeebers out of my daughter when she went in.

It was NOT one of this size, however, nor a python, thank goodness. Just a regular old garter snake I think. Still pretty creepy though.