Respected Contributor

Re: 12 children found in home

[ Edited ]

Sad news story. But, the sensitivity requests of some amazes me.  If a person is truly that sensitive to more graphic or controversial  topics,I would imagine they would be used to erring on the side of caution. This post ? Who would probably think it would read "12 Children Found In Home.....Happy,Healthy,Well Fed,Playing with Puppies!"? Not much chance of it turning out that way. Just don't open any post that doesn't for sure promise a happy topic. If I happen to open a thread I find unreadable,I just quickly close it. How is it possible to even watch the news? Read a paper? Google search some something?  Yes, I saw a request for a separate heading for more disturbing topics. What is disturbing? It is a wide range .

Respected Contributor

Terrible situation & I hope those children get all the help they need.  I won't try to guess what the parents were thinking.  The Amish live a very different lifestyle from anything I've ever known, but even still it sounds bizarre & totally bad.  There's a word for selling & buying humans.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care what religi@n the parent are/were.  Law is law and justice is blind.  Let em get the slammer for life.  Of course the children were subjected to perverse actions.  The creepy criminal should also get the slammer and an outpouring of coverage on every news channel with his face all over the place - along with the parents.  A very sad comment on America and a very very shameful comment on a certain people. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I saw something about that but didn't read the entire thing.  Imagine how betrayed these children feel that their parents would do this to them.  All three adults involved should be put away for life.  They'll probably get a long sentence but get out one day.

Honored Contributor

I think the more stories like this get out, the more attention it will bring to the subject and maybe hopefully anyone with any doubts about such situations will not remain silent.    

Respected Contributor

Things like this go on too much.  Why bury your head in the sand about it?   

Those poor girls.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I read about this a few days ago, i just don't know what is becoming of people, to give away your kids, is bad enough and that man should be locked away for a very long time, i can not understand people.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

I am going to say that I read about this story earlier in the week and found it disturbing! It has nothing to do with being relevant in relation to the news but there are many of us who do not want to discuss topics of children being se-ually assaulted!!!!!!

Well that might be understandable but pretending it's not happening is not realistic imo....

No one is pretending! It's not a subject that some of us do not care for! 

Then why in the world would you click on it?  The title was very clear. I'm not trying to be rude, but I just don't get it. There are a lot of topics that I don't like for one reason or another, so I just ignore them and click on the threads I do want to read.  We're all different so it stands to reason that we have different interests and different sensibilities. Pick what you like and ignore the rest. 

I totally agree! There are many things I find disturbing, so I choose not to read the articles. I certainly don't try to limit access to others. Different strokes!

Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I wanted to discuss this earlier but was fearful of the 'oversensitive' posters who don't want to hear anything relevant in the news..

Negative news honey.  Obviously you people get excited about reporting bad news. 

Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Yes it is disgusting and I should have probably put a warning in the subject area. I am sorry if I upset anyone. But it does go on. And I think we as people should be more aware of our neighbors and our surroundings to report suspicious things.

I TOTALLY AGREE!  I live in the same kind of neighborhood -- where people turn a blind eye to weird things going on and then, when the SHTF, they all "act" like they didn't know (with comments like, "well, we "wondered", but we weren't sure").  They're always "neutral" and think they're being "diplomatic".  It makes me sick!  Ususally, I'm the only one in my neighborhood who ever calls the police. 

It disgusts me when people have this "none of my business/not my problem" attitude.  For that reason, I'm alway cautious, because I don't "expect" people to help me if I get in trouble (i.e., avoid going out late at nite, etc.).   

Pathetic, but that's the way it is.

Also, I agree -- if you don't want to know about these stories, then don't click the link.  There's plenty of other stuff here to read -- i.e., garden, recipes.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."