Esteemed Contributor

Re: 12 children found in home

@JaneMarple wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

I am going to say that I read about this story earlier in the week and found it disturbing! It has nothing to do with being relevant in relation to the news but there are many of us who do not want to discuss topics of children being se-ually assaulted!!!!!!

Well that might be understandable but pretending it's not happening is not realistic imo....

No one is pretending! It's not a subject that some of us do not care for! 

Then why in the world would you click on it?  The title was very clear. I'm not trying to be rude, but I just don't get it. There are a lot of topics that I don't like for one reason or another, so I just ignore them and click on the threads I do want to read.  We're all different so it stands to reason that we have different interests and different sensibilities. Pick what you like and ignore the rest. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Yes it is disgusting and I should have probably put a warning in the subject area. I am sorry if I upset anyone. But it does go on. And I think we as people should be more aware of our neighbors and our surroundings to report suspicious things.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

I am going to say that I read about this story earlier in the week and found it disturbing! It has nothing to do with being relevant in relation to the news but there are many of us who do not want to discuss topics of children being se-ually assaulted!!!!!!

Well that might be understandable but pretending it's not happening is not realistic imo....

No one is pretending! It's not a subject that some of us do not care for! 

Then why in the world would you click on it?  The title was very clear. I'm not trying to be rude, but I just don't get it. There are a lot of topics that I don't like for one reason or another, so I just ignore them and click on the threads I do want to read.  We're all different so it stands to reason that we have different interests and different sensibilities. Pick what you like and ignore the rest. 

The title says 12 children found in home, this not the headline from the story that I read! The title IS NOT very clear at all! I clicked on it out of curiosity to understand what the story was about!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Yes it is disgusting and I should have probably put a warning in the subject area. I am sorry if I upset anyone. But it does go on. And I think we as people should be more aware of our neighbors and our surroundings to report suspicious things.

Thank youSmiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

Youre welcome and I should have given it more thought before posting. Well perhaps the mods will delete the post.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

S ex trafficking (and I this situation qualifies as that) is a major problem in the US. And it happens in neighborhoods that are typical ordinary neighborhoods. I wish the neighbors and the people who drove by this house every day thinking something was just not right had called the police when they first thought this. 

The Amish couple may have thought it was OK for their daughter to have a baby at 14. With little education and not much knowledge of what goes on in the world (I think) they may have not seen a problem with it. 

I hope this guy is locked up forever and cannot hurt any more girls. 

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U

you can easily go back to edit your title and put DISTURBING STORY: 12 children found in home or SAD EVENT: 12 children found in home.....that way it gives the person a heads up regarding content of the thread.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Youre welcome and I should have given it more thought before posting. Well perhaps the mods will delete the post.

I'll admit that I didn't know the subject matter concerning the thread but it is/was not my intention of derailing your thread. I didn't appreciate the insinuation about the over sensitivity or relevance of people who did not like this thread. 

I hope it can continue and I do agree that it is disgusting and perhaps help some in reading about what happened in Pennsylvania.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The title says it all.  If it wasn't "clear" then I think some people need to get out of the house more often.

ETA - Maybe Shorty should have just added the entire story in the title instead of just the word "disturbing".... Some people may not know what's coming next.......  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

The title says it all.  If it wasn't "clear" then I think some people need to get out of the house more often.

12 Chidren found in home......alone

12 Children found in home......without food.

12 Children found in home......without hear.

12 Children found in home.......with dead body.

12 Children found in home........that is condemned.

That's what a "clear" title is!