Esteemed Contributor

12 children found in home

[ Edited ]

Unbelievable story out of Feasterville PA. is all over our news (as I live in PA).

They found 12 children in a home with some creepy guy.

Supposedly an AMISH couple from Lancaster, PA gave the man their 14 yr old to pay off debt when he helped them. So the creep then took advantage of her and fathered 2 children with her. So that equals 3 kids.

Then supposedly they gave him their other 9 children too! So they found 12 children ages 6 months to 18 years with this guy. (But all this is pending ID of the children, because there are no birth certificates for these children and they weren't attending school).

A neighbor lady called police after seeing the children looking sad and fearful at the windows and in the driveway wearing blue dresses. (And she saw this for years, but finally called because she kept having a bad feeling).

PS Other neighbors had asked the man before if those were his kids and he said no he lives alone.

The couple and the man are arrested and in jail and the children are in protective custody.

Oh and the couple who gave their children? Lost their farm and business anyway and were living in a rented farm in Lancaster.

This makes me sick. Its pathetic. And I pray those kids get the help they need, as well as the 18 yr old who fathered 2 kids with him starting at 14!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: 12 children found in home

I wanted to discuss this earlier but was fearful of the 'oversensitive' posters who don't want to hear anything relevant in the news..

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don't get that the neighbors waited years to say something.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

I don't get that the neighbors waited years to say something.

This is a very common occurence, if memory serves, the same went down with that awful Cleveland case too....

Honored Contributor

I am going to say that I read about this story earlier in the week and found it disturbing! It has nothing to do with being relevant in relation to the news but there are many of us who do not want to discuss topics of children being se-ually assaulted!!!!!!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I am going to say that I read about this story earlier in the week and found it disturbing! It has nothing to do with being relevant in relation to the news but there are many of us who do not want to discuss topics of children being se-ually assaulted!!!!!!

Well that might be understandable but pretending it's not happening is not realistic imo....

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Well that might be understandable but pretending it's not happening is not realistic imo....

No one is pretending! It's not a subject that some of us do not care for! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SydneyH wrote:

I wanted to discuss this earlier but was fearful of the 'oversensitive' posters who don't want to hear anything relevant in the news..

@SydneyH  You have sadly misterpreted some people's objections to some posts.  I never read a post here where people "don't want to hear anything relevant in the news." 

What a gross exaggeration.  Sheesh.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@SydneyH  You have sadly misterpreted some people's objections so some posts.  I never read a post here where people "don't want to hear anything relevant in the news." 

What a gross exaggeration.  Sheesh.

Well you clearly missed the last thread begging for a separate forum sheesh yourself thank you....

Honored Contributor

Relevance is in the eye of the beholder, what one finds relevant, someone else doesn't. I don't want anyone telling me what's relevant or not!