Honored Contributor

Re: 116 year old nun survives COVID

Thank you, @Mindy D, for posting about this woman. I had not heard about her. But even if I had, I appreciate seeing it here. I'm not sure at all why anyone wouldn't.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Thats amazing and Wow just goes to show you how fickle and scary this virus is...

If I am healthy, I too hope to live past 100...my mom  lived to 92, my dad is 95 and very active,  his mom lived to be 100, his dad 98, two sisters to 96 and 94 and he has an 88 year old nephew who is still working by choice! Hopefully medical science and genetics will be on my side and I will make it way past 100 woo hoo!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Incredible!!!  Hard to believe someone could live that long.

Personally I wouldn't want to.  My mother is 94 and all of her friends that she had 25 years ago when my parents moved to their retirement community have either all moved into assisted living or passed. 

Her best friend passed last January and now she has her aides to keep her company and assist her.  She refuses to move up north where we are but she's probably better off where she is rather than going into assisted living right now.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I saw that too.

The news also read the oldest living person was 122. Imagine!

I can't remember what country she was from.

Suzanne Somers always said we are programmed to live 120 years. I guess we blow it by our lifestyles-mainly how we eat I would think?

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

Thats amazing and Wow just goes to show you how fickle and scary this virus is...

If I am healthy, I too hope to live past 100...my mom  lived to 92, my dad is 95 and very active,  his mom lived to be 100, his dad 98, two sisters to 96 and 94 and he has an 88 year old nephew who is still working by choice! Hopefully medical science and genetics will be on my side and I will make it way past 100 woo hoo!

Sounds to me like you're a shoo-in!!! Don't even worry about it!