Esteemed Contributor

115 is hot I must admit.  I remember temps of 112 - 116 when I was child when we visited Phoenix where my grandmother lived.  The Mojave and Death Valley have those kind of temperatures every year. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

We had 110 heat index (not regular temp) in some areas for one day in July in IL.  It is unbearable but I don't know how you live in az.   I remember when I visited relatives in az in early Sept. years ago,  I had to cut my vac. short because of  the heat.  If possible, stay inside and keep the blinds or drapes closed.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

AspenGrove, where did you end up moving to?

Colorado! Have loved it since the day I arrived, more than 16 years ago.

So beautiful too.    I visited Denver/Boulder a few times.   I'm from the Midwest, not sure if I'd like to live with snow again.   It's pretty to look at but not to drive in.    

Enjoy the beautiful country.    

Trusted Contributor

@debcakes wrote:

That is why I am only a winter resident.  I love it then. Much better than -20 here.

Don't blame you for that.    You can attest to how wonderful Phx is in the winter.   It's amazing to be in shorts, sitting outside on a day in December or January.   It makes up for the long, hot summer.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in the mid-atlantic region, but I have relatives in the Phoenix area (Goodyear).  Tell me it's a "dry heat".  You will dry up and die in no time if you can't find shade and water.  I call it the land of the relentless sun.  I will stay here on the east coast.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

WOW!!!  Everyone stay cool and safe.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

8 pm......101 degrees.......dewpoint 61, which is not so dry.    We have "monsoon" during July and August.   Southerly winds bring moisture up from the Gulfs of California and Mexico.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I grew up in Phoenix.  Back then no one I knew complained.  It was what it was, and you just lived your life and did what you had to do.  One year it did reach 120 and I remember flights cancelled at Sky Harbor for a little while.

I left for college, but returned for several years and lived in Prescott, which is very nice. My sister lived in Flagstaff.  Arizona is so much more than Phoenix.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 115 Degrees Forecasted!

[ Edited ]

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

I stupidly looked ahead at the weather forecast for my area (AZ)... 115 degrees by late next week.

No one in the East or Midwest has felt the heat like that.   It's unbearable and horrible and very dangerous.

Oh but I have. I'm in south central Kansas and during the summer of 1980, I was pregnant, and we had almost a whole month where the temps ranged from 112-117... it was horrible and I will never forget it. It's fairly humid here too, most of the time.

Lately we have been having high 90's to low 100''s with high humidity, making the heat index 110+

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Regular Contributor

I know what you mean.

Here  (in New Orleans) there  have been many days of heat warnings well past sunset. Yesterday was a possible heat index (not temperature) of 124!!! The nights aren't really cool at all and there isn't much of a breeze. I believe it's been over 90 since the end of May. It can be close to 90 at 10pm.

Looking forward to cooler weather...