Frequent Contributor

Re: 11,458 new cases in Florida since yesterday

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!  Why should our kids not be able to go to school? College?  Why should we not be able to go to church?  Why should we not be able to see NFL or NBA games?  Why should we be dying in mass numbers?  Why should our economy stop?  We have the best scientists, doctors, mathematicians, the best of every kind of skill sets in the world.  Yet our condition is the worst in the world.  Everyone else in the world is going back to normal.

You have a plumbing problem you call a plumber;  a car problem you call a car mechanic;  a leak in the roof, a roofer . . . you see where I am going. You don't ask every Tom, ******, and Harry who is untrained and knows nothing, to solve the problem and get you back to normality.

The CDC needs to take complete and total charge of this situation, make decisions, tell us what to do, help us do it, and get us out of this mess.  That is why they exist.  They know exactly what to do.  Put them in complete charge and let them do their work.  As a people we have to understand the concept of "delayed gratification".  If we suffer a little while, discipline our behavior, follow instructions, let them do their work, then we can have our lives back.  Why be penny wise and pound foolish?  You are never going to make money in this environment, it is a downward spiral.  Let's get moving!!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Firefly901 wrote:

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!  Why should our kids not be able to go to school? College?  Why should we not be able to go to church?  Why should we not be able to see NFL or NBA games?  Why should we be dying in mass numbers?  Why should our economy stop?  We have the best scientists, doctors, mathematicians, the best of every kind of skill sets in the world.  Yet our condition is the worst in the world.  Everyone else in the world is going back to normal.

You have a plumbing problem you call a plumber;  a car problem you call a car mechanic;  a leak in the roof, a roofer . . . you see where I am going. You don't ask every Tom, ******, and Harry who is untrained and knows nothing, to solve the problem and get you back to normality.

The CDC needs to take complete and total charge of this situation, make decisions, tell us what to do, help us do it, and get us out of this mess.  That is why they exist.  They know exactly what to do.  Put them in complete charge and let them do their work.  As a people we have to understand the concept of "delayed gratification".  If we suffer a little while, discipline our behavior, follow instructions, let them do their work, then we can have our lives back.  Why be penny wise and pound foolish?  You are never going to make money in this environment, it is a downward spiral.  Let's get moving!!!!

@Firefly901  Intelligent people know exactly what they need to do to stop the spread of this virus.  It's those other people who are either ignorant about what to do or who refuse to do what is necessary that is the problem NOT the scientists or medical experts.  The scientists and medical experts have told us what needs to be done over and over again.  HOWEVER when you have contradictory information coming from another place the result is confusion and chaos.

ETA:  And when you have hot spot states such as FL continuing to open up places of mass gathering like Disney you are inviting trouble.  SMH at that.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@embgm wrote:

@embgm wrote:

I know 5 people who have had or have the virus right now. One has passed away,3 have recovered and one is very ill right now. 4 are from NY ( my home state) and the one that's very ill right now is from Florida. This is her 7 th day with a fever,unable to eat,horrible pains throughout her whole body, dizziness,nausea. She's having a really rough time. She's in her 50's not her 80's. You don't know how this virus will react in your body. Everyone's different. Don't take for granted that you will sail right through it.

Update:  My cousin in Florida is now in the hospital. This is her 9 th day with a fever , severe tummy pain,dizziness,nausea, no taste , etc. Last week her fever ran between 103-104. Today it was 101 but still no easing up on all the other symptoms. Please say some prayers for her. Thank you.

I"m glad her fever came down. She can make it through. She has plenty of company of other people her age who have beaten this thing. Pulling for her! Sending you some good healthy vibes to send her way.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Firefly901 wrote:

@Firefly901,  unfortunately, at least in this case, the CDC does not have the authority to do more than make recommendations. 

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
Frequent Contributor

Well, if we want our lives back, our economy back, then pressure must come from every sector of the country to put the CDC in total control.

Honored Contributor

I had to make a stop at a store last night after work.  I was in my mask and got in line.  I was behind some younger guy not wearing a mask.  

He began talking to the older male cashier about how he has rights and under amendment 14 of the constitution, he doesn't have to wear a mask and no one can make him.  Then he went on to talk about how he lives in America and he can do what he wants.  The male cashier was agreeing with him but said he is required to wear it at work.  So this customer continues about how they tried to make them wear a mask at work and they all walked off the job.  No one can make them wear a mask.  "I have rights."  

I stood there annoyed with his attitude and annoyed that I was being held up in line by him.  Okay, you aren't wearing a mask.  Just buy your stuff and leave.  No need to stand there talking about your "rights."  At that point, he just sounded like a whiney, entitled baby.   

Frequent Contributor

We are at war with the virus.  It is a fight to the death battle.  The whole country is the battlefield.  The virus is beating us in large and small jurisdictions.  The map is bloody.  The strategy we are using now is not working.  We have got to adjust, change our MO so we can win.  Collectively, whatever we want to do, we can do.  If we want the CDC in charge, all we have to do is apply pressure.

Valued Contributor

People believe garbage science when it tells them what they want to hear.

I encourage you to look at the Washington Post story of a mom who took her immuno compromised daughter to a church Covid party in FL where they were intentionally trying to infect their children. Then she gave her sick daughter hydroxychloroquine and Zpack before the poor girl got so sick she had to be admitted to a hospital, where she passed.

This woman was spouting completely false information she got from a certain network and effectively killed her own daughter in the process.

That is the danger we face. It's horrifying

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I had to make a stop at a store last night after work.  I was in my mask and got in line.  I was behind some younger guy not wearing a mask.  

He began talking to the older male cashier about how he has rights and under amendment 14 of the constitution, he doesn't have to wear a mask and no one can make him.  Then he went on to talk about how he lives in America and he can do what he wants.  The male cashier was agreeing with him but said he is required to wear it at work.  So this customer continues about how they tried to make them wear a mask at work and they all walked off the job.  No one can make them wear a mask.  "I have rights."  

I stood there annoyed with his attitude and annoyed that I was being held up in line by him.  Okay, you aren't wearing a mask.  Just buy your stuff and leave.  No need to stand there talking about your "rights."  At that point, he just sounded like a whiney, entitled baby.   

The hero of your story is you, @Lipstickdiva. I'm not certain that I could have kept my cool. I'm not at all a violent person, but man, I'd want to -- let him know how I feel

People like him cause illness and death. Period.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@embgm, I'm so sorry about your cousin. I will think positive thoughts for her full recovery.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland