Esteemed Contributor

Re: 11,458 new cases in Florida since yesterday

@chiclet wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:
Disney World is opening on July 11. Everyone will have their temperature taken upon entry. Masks are required. Social distancing will be in place and the capacity will be limited. You will be safer going to Disney World than going to Walmart.

I wear a mask when I go out and I cannot wait to get to my car after about 30 minutes in a grocery store.   My hot steamy breath in the mask feels horrible on my face since I breath a lot through my mouth especially in a mask.  I just cannot imagine walking around in 90+ temp. and humidity all day in a mask.  I just don't see how that could be enjoyable.  

@chiclet Frankly, it does not sound enjoyable to me either.  But I was told that some days are alreacy sold out.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Disney World is probably the safest place in Florida to be. But if most of the visitors will be locals at first, some of them will likely already be infected. They will have to really crack down on all the safety rules just like Universal Studios has.

The most danger lies in out of state visitors getting to and from the park and doing anything off property. Then they'd be wading in the same disease swamp as the rest of Florida and could easily spread it at the park and back home. Just have to hope they don't have to stop for gas or food anywhere off property and that their flight doesn't have an outbreak, all crammed together like we've been seeing.

Creeps me out.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

This virus is really SERIOUS! My brother ln law 

is currently on a ventilator with Covid! My sister got tested after he was diagnosed, her test came back negative but........she's had a fever and bad cough too. she is going to take another test tomorrow. She is not out of the woods.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

is currently on a ventilator with Covid! My sister got tested after he was diagnosed, her test came back negative but........she's had a fever and bad cough too. she is going to take another test tomorrow. She is not out of the woods.

@JaneMarple please keep us posted on both!  Hoping for the best...

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple  I am sorry to hear that your brother-in-law is so sick. Best wishes for a good recovery and that your sister's condition improves.

Honored Contributor

No way would go to Florida all the heat,all the people,no interest.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Who really knows because of the high false positives, the common cold creating false positives, and the test not telling you the current state of the infection.  Since 85% go zipping right through with few if any symptoms, bring on the herd immunity.

@Blahblahvampemer, it's really time for you to get new material and to stop getting your information from Facebook.

The common cold does NOT create false positives.  This has been addressed and is yet another FB myth that is now being taken as the truth.

And there may be no such thing with this as herd immunity.  You need to look at the latest info./research on that as well. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry but I just don't believe that 3 people missed appointments and got a letter that they tested positive.  This sounds like the fallacy going around that every single death certificate is being marked as Covid-19 as the cause of death, which isn't true.  

I have a very good friend who swears he had it about 3 weeks ago.  He went for a test at a drive-thru place.  His girlfriend was with him and she works in a hospital and was trained to administer the Covid-19 nasal swab test.  She said the test this place did was a complete joke.  It barely went up the nostril on both sides.  He tested negative but she believes it very well may have been a false negative.

I've seen those swabs that one of our hospitals use.  There is a marker on the swab and they have to push the swab up the nostril to that line.  It goes up very, very far.  No way barely swabbing a nostril is going to give accurate results.     

Honored Contributor

I’m afraid the president of my company is about to become another COVID-19 statistic.

He send us an email today explaining why he has been missing from the office for a week. He has very mild symptoms but loss of smell/taste was a red flag so he was tested over a week ago and has been isolated even from his family every since. His family is fine. Still no test results. 

Valued Contributor

@embgm wrote:

I know 5 people who have had or have the virus right now. One has passed away,3 have recovered and one is very ill right now. 4 are from NY ( my home state) and the one that's very ill right now is from Florida. This is her 7 th day with a fever,unable to eat,horrible pains throughout her whole body, dizziness,nausea. She's having a really rough time. She's in her 50's not her 80's. You don't know how this virus will react in your body. Everyone's different. Don't take for granted that you will sail right through it.

Update:  My cousin in Florida is now in the hospital. This is her 9 th day with a fever , severe tummy pain,dizziness,nausea, no taste , etc. Last week her fever ran between 103-104. Today it was 101 but still no easing up on all the other symptoms. Please say some prayers for her. Thank you.