Honored Contributor

Re: 100 YEARS AGO THIS MONTH, THE ROYAL ROMANOVS MET THEIR TRAGIC END

No LOL don't make in red LOL   (got Stainless steel)

I like to respond to folks in different ink, so, it shows individual responses

Besides it's pretty LOL

Yeah, it's a learning curve. Now I'm watching Emeril's air fryer. Already have one, not his, but, an air fryer. Best bakeware is from USA got me a new bread loaf pan ordered from B&B.

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

oznell,

If I remember correctly, the Greek Orthodox missionaries took "the faith, " Eastern Orthodoxy, to Russia.  That is why the Russian Cyrillic alphabet is similar to the Greek alphabet.  The Eastern Orthodox religion includes many different countries under its rubric; it is not just Greek Orthodox. 

The Russians, Serbs and other ethnic groups who belong to the Eastern Orthodox faith share the same dogma, the same faith; traditions can account for some variation in practice, and the language in a Russian Orthodox church or Greek Orthodox church spells out the main differentiating factor, for the most part.  It is the same church -- just a different country, language and local customs.

So, we share the same saints, honoring the same religious heroes and martyrs.   Although I am not an expert, I suspect there are saints for each ethnic division of the church that pertain primarily to that church's ethnicity.

Saint Basil (Vassilios), Saints Peter & Paul, Saint Marina (today is her celebration, by the way), the Panaghia (Virgin Mary), etc., are shared by all Eastern Orthodox churches.

"Anastasia" is most assuredly a christening name used by all Eastern Orthodox Christians. 

ETA:  

In the fifth century the relics of Saint Anastasia were transferred to Constantinople, where a church was built and dedicated to her. Later the head and a hand of the Great Martyr were transferred to the monastery of Saint Anastasia [Deliverer from Potions], near Mount Athos.

I do not remember correctly but I think Russian tzar Ivan III married Byzantin princess Sophia (Zoe)  and that is how Russia became Orthodox. Again, not a 100% ,too tired to Google.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

@RainCityWoman:  Prince Phillip's sister was married to a top Nazi.

Yikes! I didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me. I'm not totally sure how Phillip feels or once felt about Nazism.