Valued Contributor

Re: $100,000 per night.........

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Stelladorable wrote:

No thanks. It's an autocracy and Maktoum is accused of harassing his ex wife and kidnapping and silencing one of his daughters, Shamsa. It don't care how pretty it looks, I don't think it's very pretty in the inside.

@Stelladorable No thank you to what?  Did you recently get an invitation to go on a trip?

I have an open invitation, but the answer will always be "no thanks". 😁

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Dubai also has strict laws against same sex relationships. Beyonce has been criticized for performing there, for the hypocrisy of it because that's not what she has ever supported. She is admired by the LGBTQ community.
"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting facts about Dubai.  I'm surprised that it's humid since I thought it was a desert.  I hate the intense heat so I would only want to visit in the winter but I know that I'm never going.  It would be interesting though.

As for the Super Bowl....I'm always amazed at the prices.  I have no interest to even watch and never do ....unless of course the Eagles will be in it which is a strong possibility this year. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I would much rather have this. It's about $150 a night and comes with linens and everything you need in the kitchen. Also handmade soap. My of my most favorite places EVER!! 

Greenbrier-State-Forest-11-14-18-e1542219225709.jpg

Honored Contributor

I would not waste money even if I could afford it. So many other good AND BETTER things  to do with $100,000......

Respected Contributor

JMO, but I think they've over paid her. No one is worth that amount of money for 1 hour.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset  Jacqui Stafford (who works with Isaac Mizrahi on QVC) stayed at that resort and attended the Beyonce concert.

She took videos of her entire trip on her social media pages.  It was amazing to see the resort, her room, food, and the people watching was the best part. 

The fashions of everyone there were incredible

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Motel 6...is charging $800 a night for the Super Bowl...

Tickets to the Superbowl are 5,000 and 6,000 per person USD, I'm told.  Heck for that kind of money you should be allowed to camp out on the green! @Desertdi 

@gertrudecloset    Close to $9,000 for "nosebleed seats"...if you can find someone willing to sell...

I'd stay home in the warmth of my home in New York, with the big screen t.v. and all the junk food I'd need with some friends and family over.  I was flabbergasted to find out how much superbowl tickets cost @Desertdi .  I read, that depending on where you live it's rent or mortgage $$ for a few months.

Exactly.  All the snacks and drinks you want, great view of the action, no parking fees and maybe most importantly clean bathrooms with no lines.  @gertrudecloset 

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Valued Contributor

I've always had a fascination with Dubai.  I remember watching the girls from S*X and the City travel to Dubai and watched when the Real Housewives of Bevery Hills went and of course watched the Real Housewives of Dubai.  Its so different from where I live and seems so exotic.  I'll never have an opportunity to go, but several years ago I bought a Louis Vuitton bag on ebay and it came from Dubai, so that's the closest I'll ever get.  As for the Super Bowl, I could care less, won't watch it and you couldn't pay me to go. 

Trusted Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

JMO, but I think they've over paid her. No one is worth that amount of money for 1 hour.

Clearly she is, by definition, "worth" it. Just not to you.😂

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson