Honored Contributor

Re: 10 years my junior. Yay or nay?

If you get along, there is no reason you can't date a younger man..or an older one.

Just go have fun.  Age is just a measure of time.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like you found a great guy.In my life I met a wonderful man 12years older than.To this day I am sorry I didn’t marry him,he asked me often.My husband had been so sick while we married,was so afraid I would have the same thing.My wonderful guy is in assisted living,with a brain better than IWe we’re together for 20 years,I will always love him,he was the best thing I had in my life,besides my great kids!

Respected Contributor

Yay.

I think you're both a point where it doesn't matter. 

Age differences change as we age. When you're a teenager, even a 2 year gap can mean a big difference in life experience and maturity.

When you're of child-rearing age, I think a 10 year differnce matters because one person may be just deciding to have kids and the other may have kids from a previous marriage and not want more or may have already decided never to have kids.

Once you're both over an age where you want to have babies, I think a 10 year gap matters less.

Super Contributor

I say Yay... My guy is 12 years younger but it might bother him when I am 80 and he is 68... Time will tell.... Right now things are good and I hope they stay that way... Neither of us are looking for marriage and that works for me... Any info???

Honored Contributor

@hondagirl wrote:

I say Yay... My guy is 12 years younger but it might bother him when I am 80 and he is 68... Time will tell.... Right now things are good and I hope they stay that way... Neither of us are looking for marriage and that works for me... Any info???

@hondagirl, none of us can predict the future. Enjoy what you have now.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@ A Big, Big Nay !!!

Respected Contributor

@ Younger is better. My Mistake.

Super Contributor

Wow. I just came back on here and saw all these replies. Thanks so much. Most of you have encouraged me. To the one answered "why am I asking on here"  please don't bother to reply to any more of my posts, thank you. 

For those of you wondering where I met him. I met him at a singles group in church. We are both widows. Tonite ill see him at church. After service there is a movie. A good nite ahead to which I'm looking forward to. 

Once again, thanks for all your very kind and encouraging replies. (Well most of you 😂😂)

Esteemed Contributor

@Ditzydori wrote:

Wow. I just came back on here and saw all these replies. Thanks so much. Most of you have encouraged me. To the one answered "why am I asking on here"  please don't bother to reply to any more of my posts, thank you. 

For those of you wondering where I met him. I met him at a singles group in church. We are both widows. Tonite ill see him at church. After service there is a movie. A good nite ahead to which I'm looking forward to. 

Once again, thanks for all your very kind and encouraging replies. (Well most of you 😂😂)

Enjoy!  Be happy!  

Respected Contributor

@Ditzydori wrote:

I met a wonderful man who is 10 years my junior. I'm 65 and he's 55.  At first I just said no this will never work and I'm just too old. But he absolutely doesn't care and we get along wonderfully. He's like my best friend. We laugh and just love being together and talking, talking and talking 

Needless to say I've come to terms with out age difference. Truthfully I don't think we look all that far apart. I keep myself looking good as best I can, and he has grey hair at his temples. Lol. He's adorable. 

Just curious would it bother you to be dating such a younger man?  I never thought of myself as a cougar, but I guess I am. Lol

@Ditzydori 

From your overwhelming response, we all agree that you are doing the right thing!!  I, for one, hate little old men!