Honored Contributor

Re: 10 years my junior. Yay or nay?

I say "go for it."  Don't think I could do it, but I don't plan to date again anyway.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ditzydori wrote:

I met a wonderful man who is 10 years my junior. I'm 65 and he's 55.  At first I just said no this will never work and I'm just too old. But he absolutely doesn't care and we get along wonderfully. He's like my best friend. We laugh and just love being together and talking, talking and talking 

Needless to say I've come to terms with out age difference. Truthfully I don't think we look all that far apart. I keep myself looking good as best I can, and he has grey hair at his temples. Lol. He's adorable. 

Just curious would it bother you to be dating such a younger man?  I never thought of myself as a cougar, but I guess I am. Lol

@Ditzydori  Go for it...be happy...age is only a number. DH is almost 8 years younger than me and we met online-yahoo chat 21+ yrs ago...been married almost 20 years. I'll be 60 by the end of the year and he is 52  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Why Not. My Aunt was 10 years older than my Uncle and my mom was 10 years younger than my dad. So it can work either way. Age is just a number.

Honored Contributor

Age is just a number.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Have a wonderful time with your special friend!

Respected Contributor

As long as your happy...Go Cougars!!!

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Age is just a number.

@Mz iMac  When I 1st saw your new avatar I got creeped out. Thankfully I'm getting used to it now...LOL

Honored Contributor

I married a man 15 years younger and we were happily married for about twenty years.  In my case I believe age had something to do with our breaking up but it was not the main reason.  I am a private person and am not going to discuss what happened to the marriage.  Let's say he married for the wrong reasons and it wasn't that he didn't love me.

With that being said, I think you should enjoy your relationship with this man and if you are happy and compatible, that is what matters.  From what you say, you are already great friends and that is always a positive start.

Honored Contributor

There is no good reason for my answer, but I'm not in favor. You should follow your heart however.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't even register 10 years as a difference and neither would any counselor for that matter.  At this part of life, with this number of years between you, nothing says you will not have a great path together.

The thing is you want to be in the same "part" of life.  A 30 wouldn't be happy with a 65 in most cases.  She is just beyond the beginning of her career, may want children (may have a late nesting feeling kick in) and he is looking at retirement homes and looking at life insurance.  What on earth would they talk about.

(I know it's been done, but a normal, healthy marriage isn't created there).

What's holding you back?Smiley Happy