Super Contributor

10 years my junior. Yay or nay?

I met a wonderful man who is 10 years my junior. I'm 65 and he's 55.  At first I just said no this will never work and I'm just too old. But he absolutely doesn't care and we get along wonderfully. He's like my best friend. We laugh and just love being together and talking, talking and talking 

Needless to say I've come to terms with out age difference. Truthfully I don't think we look all that far apart. I keep myself looking good as best I can, and he has grey hair at his temples. Lol. He's adorable. 

Just curious would it bother you to be dating such a younger man?  I never thought of myself as a cougar, but I guess I am. Lol

Respected Contributor

Re: 10 years my junior. Yay or nay?

[ Edited ]

Easy.  Go for it!  

Edited to answer your last question... I have dated up to 9 years my junior.  It didn't make me a cougar.  i was a little younger that you.... 52-53, so he was early 40s.  It bothered me more than it would now.... I'm your age, and neither 65 or 55 is young anymore, although I still feel young!  My guy was fun, but turned out to be not so great a guy.  

If you've got a keeper, keep him and enjoy your times together.

Super Contributor

My husband is 9 years younger than me - the age difference was never an issue for us.  

Respected Contributor

It would never bother me! If it feels right that’s all that matters. Good for you! Enjoy your time together. 

Respected Contributor

Nope. In fact, I much prefer men that are younger than me over those that are older. My only deal breaker is that I won't date someone who still has kids at home. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Growling 🐆 You go girl!

Trusted Contributor

Yay, for sure.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Ditzydori ...A Definite YAY!...Much Happiness To You Both! Woman Very Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@Ditzydori ...enjoy yourself and don’t give your age difference a second thought. Compatability is what’s important and it sounds like age isn’t an issue.

For myself, I am married 44 years to a man 5 1/2 years older than myself. If he was 10 years younger, it would not bother me because like your relationship, we laugh together and have a lot of fun...age has nothing to do with it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ten years is really nothing when you get up there in years. It would be a different story for someone much younger.

A 'cougar' woman is a woman who has a relationship with a man who is significantly younger than herself. I would not consider 10 years significant when you look at the age group, especially.