Honored Contributor

10 y.o. Charged as Adult in Death of 6 m.o./ **Disturbing**

The mother of a 10-year-old girl who allegedly killed a six-month-old baby by stomping on his head at a Wisconsin daycare last fall has insisted that her daughter didn't mean any harm.  

The girl, who is now 11 and has not been identified because of her age, was charged with felony first-degree intentional homicide as an adult after the incident on October 30 at a child care center in Chippewa Falls.  

Prosecutors say the girl dropped the baby boy named Jaxon, who started crying when he hit his head. She then allegedly panicked and stomped on the baby to quiet him down. 

Jaxon succumbed to his injuries two days later. A doctor who examined the baby determined that the injuries were not accidental.

The girl's mother spoke out for the first time this week to defend her daughter, one of the youngest people to ever be charged with such a serious crime. 

'There is no way it was done in an intentional way,' the mother, whose name was withheld to protect her daughter's identity, told Inside Edition in an interview airing Monday. 

When asked if she remembered anything her daughter told her after the incident, the mother said: 'That it was, just that it was an accident. And you know what? I believe my daughter.'   

The girl is currently detained at the adult Winnebago Mental Health Institute. 

'She's the youngest person there,' her mom said. 'She's 11 years old with women 40 years old and over.'

'She wants to go home.'

The girl had been removed from the custody of her biological parents and placed in foster care a month before the incident. 

Her foster family runs the daycare where the tragic death occurred.  

Police said the girl was alone in the house at the time and everyone else was outside playing.   

Jaxon's father, Nate Liedl, spoke out last November after one of the girl's first court appearances and said she is a criminal who deserves to be in handcuffs. 

'As opposed to seeing it as a 10-year-old girl, I saw it as the person who killed my son,' Liedl told ABC7

'She, in my opinion, deserved to be in shackles or handcuffs. She's a criminal.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7444387/Mom-defends-11-year-old-daughter-accused-killing-ba...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: 10 y.o. Charged as Adult in Death of 6 m.o./ **Disturbing**

It would take a Solomon to disseminate this girl's short life, motives, stability, etc.  Of special note:  why was she taken away from her mother and placed in foster care one month prior to the incident?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

I saw this segment and was left with many questions.  Why was this girl in foster care?  Was this a proper placement for her?  Why was she left alone with a baby?  Why is she not in a psychiatric facility that can care for children?  Why is she shackled in an adult prison?  Is this the best care for a ten year old?  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree there are many questions yet to be answered. Did she intentionally drop the baby, did she know the harm her actions were going to cause, did the foster mom realize she was in the house with the baby, etc... 

A 10 year old is way too young to be in an adult jail. I wonder if they’ve done a psych evaluation on her yet? 

This is a terrible situation for all involved.

Respected Contributor

No child should be charged as an adult and housed with adult prisoners. That is sickening.

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:

No child should be charged as an adult and housed with adult prisoners. That is sickening.

She's not in jail or in prison.

She's in an insane asylum.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@bathina wrote:

She's not in jail or in prison.

She's in an insane asylum.

With adults.

Honored Contributor

Of course she's with adults; she can't be trusted with children. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't heard the term insane asylum since the 70s when massive amounts of patients were discharged to other mental health facilities.

It's hard to believe this city or state doesn't have separate inpatient mental health facilities for children.  However, I'd like to hope that she's kept apart from adult patients.

We still don't know why she was taken from her mother and placed in foster care.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Of course she's with adults; she can't be trusted with children. 

She needs to be in a pediatric hospital. Does that really need to be pointed out to you? Ugh.