Respected Contributor

Re: 10 inches of Snow and Rising

wrote:

I'm so jealous.😈

Don’t be jealous.  You won’t be breaking your back shoveling it.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie   More snow is coming.  Stay safe because too many people get heart attacks shoveling.  I live in an apt. so everything is taken care of for me except my deck but I have no reason to go on my deck now.  I am enjoying the opening ceremony right now and tomorrow I am making pot roast with fresh carrots and potatoes in the same pot for the oven.  Take care.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember when LSD was shut down due to snow?  People just left their cars.  Was it 1999?  I was used to lake effect snow in MI, but in Chicago.....uggggg the worst.  There was no room to go anywhere.

My Chi-town peeps - stay safe and warm!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

My area of southern WV is under a flood watch until 7 p.m. tomorrow, due to the 2” of rain expected.   The expected downpours will create runoff issues and cause minor flooding of creeks and streams.   

Honored Contributor

Kat

one of the storms I remember in Chicago was new yrs eve night.

Christmas day was 70 degrees, people were outside in shorts and smock dresses.  New Years Eve the cold arrived, then the snow began. There was about 10inches of snow on the ground. We made it to baseto attend church service New Year’s Eve night. The services were cancelled, we drove back home. It was so dicey and slippery and snow was piling up higher and higher. We made it the driveway and just as we were turning into the garage, we got stuck. The 4 of us had to dig out the car to get it into the garage.  

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1,

My oldest son is a freshmen at U Chicago and loves it. I was planning to visit however know I understand why Southwest cancelled my flight🌻Stay safe and warm

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62  This weekend is not a good time -- to many different snow storms coming through.  Give it a week or two and it will be fine.  U of Chicago is an excellent school. 

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I'm so jealous.😈

@Kachina624   First year since I've lived here (20), we don't even have snow on the mountains.

@Desertdi. We also have no snow on our mountain and not one flake has fallen here in the valley.  First time I've heard of this happening since parents moved here in 1980.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Living in upper Michigan we are usually the ones with all the deep snow storms! This storm went south of us this time. We were supposed to go downstate to see our kids (Detroit area) this weekend and had to cancel due to their big snowfall. We had all of our extreme snow this year back in December! Pretty much none since. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@MickD, I don't remember the year but I remember the incident.  They kept showing it on tv for days.  People walking away from their cars.  People needing to use the washroom.  Oh the poor women who had to just do it by their cars with no way to be discreet.  The problems people had days later finding where their car was finally taken.  Horrible!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)