Honored Contributor

Re: 10 calls so far from APPLE INC.......Scam call!

[ Edited ]

The other day I got calls from apple every 10 mins.  I received 9!!!!  Then it stopped for a few hours and started back up.  This went on for a couple days.  I blocked each call.  This happened last month.  They go in spurts.  Maybe until the law catches up, lol. So annoying.  Maddening actually.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes when I have time it's fun just to mess with them.  I tell them I don't have a computer.  Or I tell them I don't have Apple or Microsoft or whoever they say they're with.  Sometimes I thank them for calling and say I'll give them my credit card number.  They generally hang up lol.  Once I read them the riot act for scamming people - the caller hung up.  Then a "supervisor" called me back!  He assured me they were legit.  Right.  

Honored Contributor

@Catty2   I get these calls constantly. There was a story about these specifically on the news very recently. There was/is a guy who got these calls while on his computer, somehow got a group of people mostly guys busted for these calls all coming from New Dehli. I cheered at my tv when I saw this story. When you hear the accents of these callers and then they say their name is JOHN or BILL, I laugh at loud at them. The most recent time I got this same call I asked the caller if he was from New Dehli, how was the weather - he hung up on me!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining   There is NO ONE service that ends all of these types of calls. There never will be.

Honored Contributor

Apple, doesn't have to make calls. I think they're probably doing Ok LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Still Raining   There is NO ONE service that ends all of these types of calls. There never will be.

Sure you can.  Just enter all the numbers you wish to receive calls from in your address book and then block everyone else.  Works like a charm.

Respected Contributor

I received the "Apple" call this morning, they actually left a message!  The ph. # they said to call back was not an 800 or any of the 800 numbers that businesses use.  These people are relentless, so I decided to check the number that was used to place the call, it was an 800 number, so I called and it was an Apple number! I explained to the person who took my call about what had happened.  He was very nice and assured me that Apple does not make phone calls to customers.  So, the scammers are very active!  Be very careful!