Valued Contributor

10 Year Old Cassidy and The NY Yankees

Warning, you made need a tissue or two prior to reading this.  A 10 year old girl has been a victim of bullying since the first grade and the NY Yankees have her back.  I don't cry my way through life, but this made me sob.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/04/19/a-10-year-old-girl-who-says-she-was-bul...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 10 Year Old Cassidy and The NY Yankees

such a beautiful young lady.....what the heck is wrong with kids......

Esteemed Contributor

Bravo!! I’m not a Yankee fan but I’m proud of what they did.Bullying is not okay.We must protect our children from this abuse.We also must hold schools & teachers accountable!! Ignoring it won’t make it go away.

Honored Contributor

Yes, what’s wrong with kids? Maybe some of bullying could be recorded and shown. Shame on the adult(s) who know what’s going on but not do anything about it.

Valued Contributor

@nana59@NicksmomESQ, One of you is a grandmother (as am I) and one of you is a mom.  I struggle to understand, as I'm guessing you do too, what is going on that makes kids so cruel to other kids.  I grew up pretty poor, and didn't have the clothes other kids had, but also had more than some of my classmates.  It never occurred to any of us that one was more or less, better or worse, becuase of what we did or didn't have.  It hurts my heart to read about the suicides among our youth becuase of bullying.  Do you think if more athletes, singers, actors stepped up like the Yankees did that they may make an impact?

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@nana59@NicksmomESQ, One of you is a grandmother (as am I) and one of you is a mom.  I struggle to understand, as I'm guessing you do too, what is going on that makes kids so cruel to other kids.  I grew up pretty poor, and didn't have the clothes other kids had, but also had more than some of my classmates.  It never occurred to any of us that one was more or less, better or worse, becuase of what we did or didn't have.  It hurts my heart to read about the suicides among our youth becuase of bullying.  Do you think if more athletes, singers, actors stepped up like the Yankees did that they may make an impact?

yes, LuLuBelle2, i am a grandmother of four....and it makes me very sad that my grandkids have to grow up in this cruel world....i'm 68, and growing up was so much easier and happier for me.....wish they knew the simpler world i grew up in.....

Honored Contributor

I saw this little girl on the news. What a heartbreaking story, but I'm pleased that things are going better for her since she posted about being bullied. I hope that continues. I don't understand why kids are so cruel now. It's very sad and disturbing.

Esteemed Contributor

I also saw this on the news, and it is very sad and maddening that with all of the programs addressing this issue that it still continues.  Things seem to be better for her now that it has been made public.  I hope that continues, but there are so many more Cassidys out there who feel that there is no hope for them. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

@SXMGirl, you hit the nail on the head - all of the other Cassidy's who don't have the NY Yankees behind them.  What do we do as a society, as women, mothers and grandmothers to make it stop?  We need to put our heads together and figure this out, as clearly our schools and government are failing these kids.

Honored Contributor

I blame the adults who let it continue. Kids learn from adults. Bullying is not new. My mom, born durIng the Depression, was bullied in school because of disability.