Esteemed Contributor

$1 Million Parking Spot - Seriously???

Seriously!! A new luxury apartment building being built in the Soho area of New York City will have 10 luxury apartments. On a first come first served basis, the new apartment owners can also buy a SINGLE parking spot for ONE MILLION DOLLARS to go along with their luxury apartments! So TEN parking spots = TEN MILLION DOLLARS! I guess an average "luxury" parking spot would be at least 10' X 20' to accommodate a large luxury car or SUV or maybe a limo, so that would be about $5,000 per square foot for a parking spot! ANYONE BUYING??????

Respected Contributor

Re: $1 Million Parking Spot - Seriously???

How much are the apartments?

Honored Contributor

I'll take 2, please.
Honored Contributor

I'll need 3

Valued Contributor

Are they on easy pay? If they are less than a dollar a day, they are practically free so I'll stock up my gift closet...you know, just in case. docsgirl

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/13/2014 docsgirl said:

Are they on easy pay? If they are less than a dollar a day, they are practically free so I'll stock up my gift closet...you know, just in case. docsgirl

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/13/2014 brii said:

{#emotions_dlg.crying}I'll need 3

Yes, if you're one of those people with an RV that looks like a house, you definitely will! But you'll have to buy 3 apartments to get 3 spaces! {#emotions_dlg.blink} {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Not me, but I bet they sell.

My only hope is that the same people who buy them also use some considerable part of their wealth to help the deserving who go hungry, need medical care, educations, etc. I don't expect those with money not to use it to give themselves luxury, but I do expect them to be constantly aware of their power to do good along the way.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Complicated said:

How much are the apartments?

They never revealed that little tidbit of information - but I can only imagine!

Honored Contributor

Hmmmm ...... I'm getting confused by the presumed square footage ......

In NYC, 10 "luxury" apartments would be about ... what? ... 4 to 10 thousand square feet each? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Even if there were only two apartments to each level, meaning 5 stories of residence, one level of parking structure would definitely accommodate more than 10 vehicles!

Did they say how many sq ft a parking space was?

Is there a link to the story? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Apparently, I'm getting all tangled up in my underwear over this one! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}