Honored Contributor

Re: 1.25 Billion Chicken Wings Will Be Consumed On Super Bowl Sunday

I love wings - exactly the reason I refuse to buy/serve them. For me, having wings in the house is worse than a pound of good chocolates and I'm also a confessed chocolate addict.

Super Contributor

I heard enough beer will be consumed along with those wings to fill the Phoenix stadium to the brim!

I do Chicken Livers instead of wings. First had them at a wing restaurant in Pompano Fl and have made them myself ever since. Deep fried crunchy. Cut them up, poke a bunch of holes in them (or else they "explode" when they hit the fat), and dry them out before shaking 'em in a coating of spicy flour. Serve with the traditional wings dip of chunky Bleu Cheese dressing.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.w00t} Nothing! Sick of hearing about the super bowl already [since the giants and the jets are not in it] And I do not like chicken wings. I am more interested in Westminster dog show. Sorry, to go of topic but, it is what it is.

Super Contributor

I don't eat wings. I just can't eat meat with skin on it, veins and I can't eat meat off a bone, not just chicken either, any meat.

A few years ago we were in Germany, I ordered saurbraten, the pork meat came with skin on the pork and hair on the skin. Needless to say.... I lost my appetite.

Honored Contributor

I drive by the original home of the Buffalo Chicken Wing, the Anchor Bar, almost every day.

Believe it or not, there are many BETTER wing places here! My favorites are BBQ grilled wings anyway.

The Anchor Bar is a big tourist trap, IMO.

Honored Contributor

I believe it, wings are a popular snack food. I don't care for them, but I know lots of people do. I haven't seen them on sale for the game though.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

DH and I will be watching the Superbowl at home, and I plan to make a batch of nachos.

I heard yesterday that the Superbowl generates the year's biggest day of sales of antacids, too. Not hard to understand when you think of all the nachos, Buffalo hot wings, spicy cheese dip, pizza, and other snacks that will be consumed in front of the TV!