Super Contributor

Re: 1.25 Billion Chicken Wings Will Be Consumed On Super Bowl Sunday

Nope. I've never liked chicken wings. I don't like football either.

Valued Contributor

Won't be having them this weekend but local stores all have them on sale so I stocked the freezer with chicken wings.

Honored Contributor

Yes, only mine will be baked.

I like to try less traditional (Buffalo Wings) so this is the recipe I am using:

Raspberry-Sriracha Glazed Wings

Ingredients
1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon salt

3 pounds wings, tips removed and split at the joint (I'm using Perdue Wingettes)

¾ cup seedless raspberry preserves

1 tablespoon sriracha (or more to taste)

1 tablespoon orange juice

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat a shallow baking sheet pan with cooking spray.

2. Combine the garlic powder, cumin and salt; toss with the wings. Spread the wings out in a single uncrowded layer on the baking sheet; bake 20 minutes. Turn the wings over and bake another 20 minutes.

3. While the wings bake, combine the preserves, sriracha and orange juice and melt in a saucepan or in the microwave until smooth.

4. Brush the glaze over the wings and bake 10 minutes. Flip the wings over, brush again and bake another 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes about 12 servings.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

Jazz, those wings sound divine!!!
Honored Contributor

What happens to the other marketable parts of the chicken? Will there be an influx of chicken breast dishes in restaurants? Or chicken thigh/breast specials @ the grocery store?

Honored Contributor

I don't dislike chicken wings, but they have never been on my Superbowl Sunday menu!

I change things up every year. Just going for hummus/chips/veggie sticks for snacks, and pizza for our main course.

Esteemed Contributor

And I wont be one of them eating wings! lol. We go to a place every week that has 30 cent wings. I got so sick of them (even though I would switch getting other things too), I never want to look at wings! lol.

We will go out to eat Sunday (as usual). Its my husband and I's date day (sometimes movie and dinner or just dinner). So I don't know what we are having till we get there.

(But we wont we wont be watching the Super bowl)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Yes, they are on our menu. Along with ribs, rest of the chicken, meatballs, sausage, beef sandwiches. Meat, meat, and more meat.
Frequent Contributor

That's hilarious! We'll be part of that count. Hubby doesn't do the Super Bowl without wings!
Valued Contributor

we don't eat wings because I don't like them. there's nothing on them. Smiley Sad