Respected Contributor

Re: ☀️To those who are sad during the holiday season☀️

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I've really missed you @Marienkaefer2

We had a very difficult holiday season, also. I'm sorry to read your family did, too.  I hope your mom is doing much better, best wishes to her.

I'm also ready for Spring which means asparagus and pretty shirts.  OK, at least those are included in Spring, and that makes me happy Woman Very Happy

I hope you are here more often!

@Noel7

I love asparagus!  Thank you for reminding me! Smiley Wink  

Here's to a happy, healthy 2018 for all of us, beginning in the spring! Smiley Wink

Thanks for the well wishes for my mom.  She is doing better now.  When she's better, I'm better. Woman Happy  I hope the same for your family.

I will try to come on more often.  

Thank you @Marienkaefer2  When you come back we can have a stirring conversation about asparagus, LOL.  Roasted, steamed, in salad, whatever Woman Very Happy  Years ago I was given a fabulous recipe for marinating barely cooked asparagus in soy sauce, a little sesame oil and I think red pepper flakes.  Oh how I loved that.  I wonder if there's a way to cut down on the sodium?

@Noel7

Oh!  That sounds gooood!!  The only way I see to cut down on the sodium would be to use low sodium tamari..but even that is pretty high.   I guess you just make up for it by using less sodium in the accompanying dishes! 

My favorite restaurant  makes cream of asparagus soup that I love.  Yes, asparagus is simply lovely.  And more valued because of it's short season.  

I'm going to sign off now and get dinner (nothing exciting tonight) so I'll talk to you soon!!  Bon appetit!  Smiley Wink

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo@Marienkaefer2@Noel7

I didn’t know spring was the best for fresh asparagus! We will have some of that!

Marienkaefer2...glad your mom is doing ok now!

Let’s all look forward to pretty colors, great veggies and spring!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

wrote:

@dooBdoo@Marienkaefer2@Noel7

I didn’t know spring was the best for fresh asparagus! We will have some of that!

Marienkaefer2...glad your mom is doing ok now!

Let’s all look forward to pretty colors, great veggies and spring!

@LTT1  Sounds good to me!  Heart

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hamantaschen and asparagus MEAN SPRING in my kitchen! Can’t wait to see them in the stores.