Honored Contributor

Re: ☀️To those who are sad during the holiday season☀️

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo@Marienkaefer2@momtochloe@gidgetgh@QueenDanceALot@SleeplessinSD

Now that “The Holidays” are over, I am looking back and wondering where my head was at that time.

I think I was still fighting a bug that wasn’t flu...”The Non-flu.”

I am going to think on what everybody has written here so that next year I will have a plan.

Maybe I will re-structure my time and actually send out those cards; maybe I will bake a bit for my neighbors; maybe I will bring joy to someone.

Sadness at hoiday time is inevitable; we wouldn’t be human if we didn’t miss certain people or things.

The joy of “stuff” isn’t really joy. Mostly it is “junk culture.”  As the general economy gets tighter, it will be time to re-visit a “depression-era mentality” in which we return to a simpler life.  

Maybe we can all accept that a simpler life still leaves us the gifts for which to be grateful. The warmth of visiting with friends such as neighbors or even the people who must work during that time are gifts. So is the fact that we had loves in our life whose passing left us sad.

I was too ill in December to think clearly...these illnesses we are catching can make us very sad. But I am so grateful to read everyone here sharing inner thoughts...it brings me hope.💗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Preds

I need to take a minute and try to decide hw to phrase this.

Where are all you people on this forum that I don’t see you?

I think I spend more than enough time on this forum and I love the givecand take that this thread displays.

I’ve been missing this...used to post here when life was quieter I guess.

I have learned so much here...I wish we could always and forever serve as morale support for each other.

Not to take away from any other places where I post, Love them too.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Preds

I think I spend more than enough time on this forum and I love the givecand take that this thread displays.

I have learned so much here...I wish we could always and forever serve as morale support for each other.

@LTT1 ...I'm not here often.  Once was, but just haven't been lately.  I may not post, but I still try to read up on everyone when I get a moment.  Life either keeps us super busy or not busy enough. 

It seems a lot of us wander thru, move on, come back ... tiss life, my friend.  We don't stop caring but we do stop sharing.  Kinda' here and kinda' not, but always keeping everyone in my prayers or thoughts.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@dooBdoo@Marienkaefer2@momtochloe@gidgetgh@QueenDanceALot@SleeplessinSD

Now that “The Holidays” are over, I am looking back and wondering where my head was at that time.

I think I was still fighting a bug that wasn’t flu...”The Non-flu.”

I am going to think on what everybody has written here so that next year I will have a plan.

Maybe I will re-structure my time and actually send out those cards; maybe I will bake a bit for my neighbors; maybe I will bring joy to someone.

Sadness at hoiday time is inevitable; we wouldn’t be human if we didn’t miss certain people or things.

The joy of “stuff” isn’t really joy. Mostly it is “junk culture.”  As the general economy gets tighter, it will be time to re-visit a “depression-era mentality” in which we return to a simpler life.  

Maybe we can all accept that a simpler life still leaves us the gifts for which to be grateful. The warmth of visiting with friends such as neighbors or even the people who must work during that time are gifts. So is the fact that we had loves in our life whose passing left us sad.

I was too ill in December to think clearly...these illnesses we are catching can make us very sad. But I am so grateful to read everyone here sharing inner thoughts...it brings me hope.💗

@LTT1

I was still sick, also.  I don't think I was sad but my usual joy was definitely dampened.  I rarely got out, I didn't see the lights at night, didn't get to wear a red sweater I'd bought for Christmas day, etc.  My daughter hadn't made a total comeback, either. 

I hope Spring is a better time for us all Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@Preds

@LTT1 ...I'm not here often.  Once was, but just haven't been lately.  I may not post, but I still try to read up on everyone when I get a moment.  Life either keeps us super busy or not busy enough. 

It seems a lot of us wander thru, move on, come back ... tiss life, my friend.  We don't stop caring but we do stop sharing.  Kinda' here and kinda' not, but always keeping everyone in my prayers or thoughts.

Hi @Preds It's nice to see you Smiley Happy

It sure looks like a lot of people don't come here anymore.  It's so restricted.  I wonder if that's what QVC wants... the boards to just go away.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Noel7.  Good to see you, too.  I've been keeping an eye on you young lady, so you had better be good. Smiley Wink 

Don't know if the Q wants us gone or not, but it wouldn't be a pretty sight if they did.  LOL  I think they just have trouble keeping it updated and "watched" at the same time.  Their IT needs work and lawdy help the Mods. 

Take care of yourself @Noel7.  Remember,  I'm "watching". Smiley Happy  OK ... when I get a chance.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@Noel7

@Preds

@LTT1

@dooBdoo

@momtochloe

I  don't come on as often, but I try to check in a least once a week or so.

This winter has been kind of a bummer.  The holiday season was not so great for us.  I got a cold/sinus issue, whatever mid December that I'm still dealing with off and on.

My mom had some major issues that turned out to be ok, but while we were going through them, it was stressful. 

It started right after Thanksgiving, and things have just now started to calm down a little.

Spring has always been my favorite season, anyway.  Along with the longer days, and brighter sunshine, flowers blooming, everything just seems happier and positive!

Pretty soon the cherry blossoms and plum trees will start popping out.  I saw a pink camellia starting to bloom today (my favorite!), so I'm ready for spring! Smiley Wink

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I've really missed you @Marienkaefer2

We had a very difficult holiday season, also. I'm sorry to read your family did, too.  I hope your mom is doing much better, best wishes to her.

I'm also ready for Spring which means asparagus and pretty shirts.  OK, at least those are included in Spring, and that makes me happy Woman Very Happy

I hope you are here more often!

Respected Contributor

wrote:

We had a very difficult holiday season, also. I'm sorry to read your family did, too.  I hope your mom is doing much better, best wishes to her.

I'm also ready for Spring which means asparagus and pretty shirts.  OK, at least those are included in Spring, and that makes me happy Woman Very Happy

@Noel7

I love asparagus!  Thank you for reminding me! Smiley Wink  

Here's to a happy, healthy 2018 for all of us, beginning in the spring! Smiley Wink

Thanks for the well wishes for my mom.  She is doing better now.  When she's better, I'm better. Woman Happy  I hope the same for your family.

I will try to come on more often.  

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@Noel7

I love asparagus!  Thank you for reminding me! Smiley Wink  

Here's to a happy, healthy 2018 for all of us, beginning in the spring! Smiley Wink

Thanks for the well wishes for my mom.  She is doing better now.  When she's better, I'm better. Woman Happy  I hope the same for your family.

I will try to come on more often.  

Thank you @Marienkaefer2  When you come back we can have a stirring conversation about asparagus, LOL.  Roasted, steamed, in salad, whatever Woman Very Happy  Years ago I was given a fabulous recipe for marinating barely cooked asparagus in soy sauce, a little sesame oil and I think red pepper flakes.  Oh how I loved that.  I wonder if there's a way to cut down on the sodium?