Honored Contributor

Re: ⭐️The Path of the Warrior - Memorial Day Tribute

@Venezia wrote:

@dooBdoo - Thank you for posting such a wonderful tribute to all of our serving men and women, past and present.  Like many others here, it brought me to tears.

All of my brothers served time in the military, two of them career (Air Force and Army).  I never take for granted what our military does for us or the price the families pay.

I have a decal on my front door of a flag with the words "Freedom isn't free."  I want anyone who enters my home to remember that.

You're welcome, @Venezia.   I'm grateful to your brothers, and to your family who also served by their side.    What a lovely thought, to have that decal at the entrance of your home.   I think I might do the same thing, and it will be because of your wonderful post.Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@dooBdoo

As the mother of an "ex" Marine, my daughter and I thank you for this beautiful memorial.   My daughter was 17 1/2 when she enlisted and my world was turned upside down.  While other mother's prepared for senior prom and graduation, I prepared for boot camp.  My daughter left for Parris Island boot camp on the 4th of July, 1998, approx. 1 month after graduation from high school.  Memorial Day, 4th of July, Veterans' Day, have an entirely new meaning for me since then and especially since she was in active duty at the time of 9-11 and was a sitting duck on an aircraft carrier in the Asian Gulf, awaiting the beginning of the war.   Please, never forget what these young people have dedicated their life to do. 

Peace.

(((@mustang66lady))),  Your post brought tears to my eyes.   Please accept my gratitude for your daughter's service and courage, and for you and your family who also serve.   And I share your final word...  Peace.Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Thanks so much for sharing this, Doobie. Heart

Also checked out the wonderful website. 8)

You're welcome, @feline groovy.Heart   The video is quite compelling...  I think the young man who composed it honored his father beautifully.

Honored Contributor

Totally agree, @dooBdoo.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

My thanks to all who contributed to this thread.  My heart goes out to all who grieve.  The world is so much better because they were here and so much poorer because they are gone.    I hope each of you and your loved ones will have a peaceful, safe, and meaningful weekend and Memorial Day.

From the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall USA:

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you
and save one backward glance when you are leaving
for the places they can no longer go.

Be not ashamed to say you loved them,
though you may or may not have always.
Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane,
take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind."

Major Michael Davis O'Donnell
1 January 1970, Dak To, Vietnam
Listed as KIA February 7, 1978

(source:  thewall-usa.com)

❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo

dooBdoo,

I'm so sorry I am just seeing your response.  Thank you so much from my daughter and myself.  Just knowing that there are people who do not forget, matters a lot.  A whole lot.  Bless you and yours.

Peace, just peace.