Respected Contributor

Re: ❤️NATIONAL NURSES WEEK — THANK YOU!

I retired after 34 years in the field but I will be forever a nurse. I guess it becomes part of your DNA.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cocktail

Happy Nurses Week to all the psychiatric nurses out there. Heart

ETA:

Remember, ALL units are psych units.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@charvale. I want to thank you for posting this. I have had several major surgeries and the people that have pulled me through, were not the doctors. My heroes are all the nurses. They do their job 10 times over. A nurse has literally saved my life at least once if not many more times. I'm sure there were times that I wasn't even aware of them doing so. Overworked and (I'm sure) underpaid, they do their job because they have huge hearts, patience and loyalty to their profession. Bravo and Thank You to all the nurses. They can never be thanked enough. 

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

Have seen at least 6 of them today, several I have known for many years, at this hospital. Getting Iron Infusion as I type, and now that I know this, I will acknowledge it to the ones I will still see before this Infusion is complete.

Spent lots of time in Doctor's offices and as an inpatient in  hospitals in our city. Have met very few that I disliked, but as in other professions, they are a minut' minority.

@charvale, thank you for this thread, wish I would have noticed it 6 hours ago, Dang!!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@151949

I am also see those changes in the laws(or rules whichever is correct). Nobody should be assaulted anywhere, including the professions. My deceased sister worked as a hairdresser for a few years at County Home for elderly.

She was slapped in the face by one elderly man and had a bruise on her face for weeks. The home said their hands were tied, nothing they could do. She quit and opened her own Hair Salon in a Senior Living Home, and did that even throughout her many year battle with liver cancer. She succumbed to cancer st age 52, in 1989.

I have had a total of 6 broken ribs and understand how painful they are, and not for days or weeks, more like many, many months. Had my last one just about a year ago when I decided I wanted to get back to my love, ice skating.

hn

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

And @RetRN, I thank you. Without nurses doctors would be lost, as would I.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Yes, a great big thank you! Nurses make all the difference in healing. The are the human face, caring hands, kind voice of medicine.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for this thread.  A reminder that I need to order flowers for the nurses in the treatment room where I get my Opdivo treatments.  They are so dedicated and care very much for the well being of the cancer patients.  Totally different group of nurses....I love them all.

We have one nurse that I know of on the Mr. Lucky thread.....and she has been helpful to me several times.  

Super Contributor

I have been an RN for 47 years. Could never have imagined doing anything else. It’s my heart, spirit and yes, “ in my blood.” The most unique, caring and personal profession in the world.