Respected Contributor

Re: ❤️Memorial Day Tribute to Our Heroes💙

I vividly ;remember my 27 year old Army Pilot Uncle who was killed on October 27, 1943. I can see him, hear his voice and so wish he had survived. My older brother died in October 1979 - due to Vietnam -  and he was only 47. He was an Army Ranger and was doused with Agent Orange many times. Others in my family were career military and survived (my Dad fought in 3 wars) but my Uncle and brother were such outstanding people - still miss them. - and so typical of our military heroes. Yes, I am truly OLD but it has not dimmed my memories

Honored Contributor

ladyroxanne wrote:

thank you @dooBdoo

as always, thoughtful and thinking of others.

You're welcome, @ladyroxanne.   Thank you for the kind words.   I really appreciate you.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Winifred wrote:

I vividly ;remember my 27 year old Army Pilot Uncle who was killed on October 27, 1943. I can see him, hear his voice and so wish he had survived. My older brother died in October 1979 - due to Vietnam -  and he was only 47. He was an Army Ranger and was doused with Agent Orange many times. Others in my family were career military and survived (my Dad fought in 3 wars) but my Uncle and brother were such outstanding people - still miss them. - and so typical of our military heroes. Yes, I am truly OLD but it has not dimmed my memories

(((@Winifred))),  My condolences to you.    Thank you for sharing such a warm, loving tribute to your family members.   We are indebted.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

best-photos-25

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Memorial Day is to commentate the war dead, Veterans day is to thank those that have served.

@Gooday wrote:
I would personally like to thank my friend, who goes by the name of @loveschocolate, retired Army veteran and nurse.
👏👏👏❤❤❤
Sorry for the small print.

@I am still oxox, @Gooday

I think both holidays should commemorate ALL of our service men and women, including those who died, were maimed or by the grace of God, survived.

But that's just my opinion.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

best-photos-25

Beautiful @KingstonsMom.

Wonderful thread.

❤️🇺🇸💙

Honored Contributor

IMG_0457.JPG

~H~
Regular Contributor