Regular Contributor

❤️HOW CAN WE HELP? (HURRICANE FLORENCE)❤️

[ Edited ]

Hi Everybody.

Praying for everyone to be safe.

Please suggest the trusted agencies or groups we can contact or other ways that we can help the people and animals affected.

I would appreciate your ideas.

Thank you in advance!♥️

Honored Contributor

Re: ♥️HOW CAN WE HELP? (HURRICANE FLORENCE)

Samaritan's Purse

QVC Customer Care

Frequent Contributor

Re: ❤️HOW CAN WE HELP? (HURRICANE FLORENCE)❤️

[ Edited ]

These aren't live links because i don't know what links are okay but you can c&p them.

"...........  Here are a few ways to help the people affected by Hurricane Florence and the ensuing floods:

Donate to Task Force 75: This team of veterans has brought boats and supplies to Wilmington, North Carolina, to help with search and rescue operations for both people and animals, and is raising money in a verified  GoFundMe campaign.
gofundme.com/task-force-75-hurricane-florence

Donate to Americares: The health-focused disaster relief organization group has already deployed a response team to North Carolina ahead of Florence. They are collecting donations for emergency medicine and other supplies here.

secure .  americares.org/site/Donation2?df_id=23244&mfc_pref=T&23244.donation=form1&_ga=2.235258881.1882239612.1536872076-109815671.1536872076

twitter.com/Americares/status/1040337323374911488

Donate blood: Blood drives across the southeast were canceled as Hurricane Florence bore down on the region, impacting the blood supply.
Help replenish supplies by donating blood through America’s Blood Centers, American Red Cross, or the Armed Services Blood Program.

americasblood.org/donate-blood.aspx

redcrossblood.org

militarydonor.com

Donate to the North Carolina Community Foundation: This local humanitarian organization partners with local charities to support the community as they provide aid to the Carolinas in the wake of the hurricane. Support their on-the-ground relief efforts here.

nccommunityfoundation.org

twitter.com/NCCF/status/1040249070038728704

Donate to Team Rubicon: This volunteer disaster-relief group is led by military veterans. Help them here.

fundraise.teamrubiconusa.org/campaign/2018-hurricane-florence/c201749

Donate through GlobalGiving: The nonprofit crowdfunding site has launched a Hurricane Florence relief fund.

twitter.com/GlobalGiving/status/1039905852885491712

globalgiving.org/projects/hurricane-florence-relief-fund/#menu

Donate to the American Humane Society: This national charity is helping animals escape the storm. They’ve already saved 72 cats from the path of Hurricane Florence and hope to help many more. Donate here.

secure . americanhumane.org/site/Donation2;jsessionid=00000000.app277b?7910.donation=form1&df_id=7910&mfc_pref=T&s_src=FY19-0918-HFS&NONCE_TOKEN=8397417D2B1067640DBF3257452D9FD1

Volunteer with NVOAD (National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster): The disaster-relief group has local chapters in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia that are working to help their communities. They can direct you to NGOs looking for volunteers.

twitter.com/NationalVOAD/status/1039176780354121729

nvoad.org/voad-members/national-members/

Volunteer with or donate to Habitat for Humanity: This home-building group is accepting donations for local relief efforts and can help the community with long-term rebuilding plans. Find out details here.

habitat.org/newsroom/2018/habitat-humanity-prepares-response-hurricane-florence

If you’re looking for resources to track the storm’s progress, we’ve listed a few here. For more info, visit FEMA’s page on volunteering and donating responsibly.

fastcompany.com/90237066/hurricane-florence-live-cam-updates-tracking-resources-as-storm-makes-landfall

fema.gov/volunteer-donate-responsibly

(The source of all this is from fastcompany.com/90237204/how-to-help-hurricane-florence-victims-10-things-you-can-do-right-now)

Honored Contributor

Southern Baptist Disaster Relief fund is one of the largest organizations providing meals, big trucks that have laundry resources, chainsaw gangs to clear debris, and other services.  Those people are devoted to what they do.

Regular Contributor

Honored Contributor

In church today the pastor announced that the Episcopal church has set up a fund and you can donate online. The church will absorb the admin. costs so all the money will go to the victims. We decided that was our best way to donate.

Honored Contributor

Red Cross and any and all local churches or animal shelters.  Our local churches provided much needed help during our flooding. 

Contact their fire/police stations also.  They can tell you of local helpers for areas most in need.  

Thank you for reaching out.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mercury One...100% of your donation goes to the victims.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I sent a check to the American Red Cross specifying I wanted my donation to go to the Hurricane Florence relief fund. I downloaded a form, filled it out and sent the check. I also heard they are looking for donations for pet food and supplies that will go to a warehouse in Atlanta, I'm not sure where to drop off donations ( it was a pet supply store).