Esteemed Contributor

Re: ❤️Do you like when your posts are “hearted”? (👍🏻“liked”/ FB?)

@LTT1

I don't read everything. I only read posts with Topics I relate to..........lol

Honored Contributor

This discussion is now terminated. Thank you to those who so graciously contributed! 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

On this board I heart appreciation or as an acknowledgement that I agree with the poster. On Facebook I have stopped hearting as it is a way of collecting data and targeting ads towards the poster.  In our forum it is simply a means of communication.  It is rare, but I've never understood when someone posts a topic and never hearts any of the responses.  It is as if they checked out and never came back to read what is posted.  I find lots of opportunities to heart and appreciate the time someone took to post.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally, I like to receive the hearts, as it is an acknowledgement that someone understands what I was saying or appreciate the time I took to say something.

I use the Heart button for various reasons. I just checked through some recent posts where I gave a Heart and for me the reasons for doing so were all over the place!

One was for a person who I had not seen posting for a while; just wanted her to know I am glad to see her; kind of like saying "hi"!

Another one was for a person whose opinion I value and wanted her to know I totally agreed with what she said.

There was one whose opinion I don't necessarily agree with, but I respected her stance on a subject and wanted to support her commitment for putting herself out there when she was being clobbered for her post. It was more like saying "my heart goes out to you at this time."

And the reasons go on and on. Perhaps I should use them more sparingly. 

As to Facebook, I just don't like the medium at all. I use it sparingly. I feel it is too invasive. You post one thing and a whole bunch of names pop up for you to add to your list of "friends." I don't know these people; why would I add them? I don't need to have X amount of people following what I do to make my life important. 

A relative of mine has a Facebook page that invokes a lot of comment. I just checked his page and it states he has 9,087 people following him. Granted, his job puts him in the spotlight more than most of us, but I would not want to be responsible for being sure to post often because so many people are checking my Facebook page. And, of course, since I have gone on his page, now I can expect the names of some of those 9,087 people to be on my "do you want to add as a friend?" list! Grrr!!

A long time ago I wanted to win something, and in order to do so you had to respond by Facebook; that's when I opened an account. Didn't win the item and didn't use Facebook for years.

Then a year ago when I started with a personal trainer at the gym, he used Facebook to connect with his clients, giving in-between-session workouts, nutrition tips, etc., so now I go only on his page for that. Even so, I get all these requests to add someone on my Facebook page. They would be really bored, since I never post anything! ha!

Honored Contributor

I like it when a poster hearts something I've written. To me this can have three interpretations...one is that the poster likes what I have written,  agrees with it  or simply hearted it to designate that they read my post. In any event I find it to be a positive thing to find that my posts have been hearted.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They're free!

Like smiles!

I choose to give away both as frequently as possible.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

I am wondering how others feel when their posts are ❤️  “hearted” (on this forum)

or 👍🏻 “liked” on FB.

This is my interpretation: I like my”stuff” to be read by others and to be acknowledged. Therefore, I like to see positive expressions that they DID, in fact, read what I wrote. So, for me, the answer would be “yes.”

I rarely return to a discussion unless I am “notified” .... like this @LTT1.

Just a question about your feelings/actions and an FYI from me to you.

@if i am trying to reach a particular person the @ feature is the easiest way to do it......whether i agree with them or not. that @  will get my particular attention more than a heart would because i know they are responding directly to me whether they like what i wrote or not. i definitetly go back and read those.

i never use the heart feature just to let someone know i read their post. i only use the heart feature if i particularly LIKE what someone said or if i  agree with them and dont need to make a further comment.

the same goes for facebook. i would never "like" a post just to show someone i read it, especially if i did not agree with it......which can happen frequently.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@house_cat@SilleeMee

❤️❤️❤️’s to both of you!

@World Traveler

Thank you for contributing your point of view! I found out that your looked over the hearts you have given and analyzed “why” you gave them! Great insights, really great!

I am learning more than I knew was possible, too lately, about people’s posts and info on FB. Thank you. No, I wouldn’t want 6,000 suggestions for people to “friend.”

HAHA 😆 LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I like giving and receiving hearts.

I don't heart every post I read or every thread I read.  

I will use the @ notication when I want to let that person know I've responded or agreed with something they've said.  

Honored Contributor

I don't start many threads but if I did - I always return and acknownledge with hearts to anyone that bothered to answer. Also to let everyone know what I will do or just thank them for their replies. 

I like to Heart because of several reasons. I agree with you or most likely - I see/hear you. On ongoing threads that I frequent - I like to give a shout out just to say in my best Joey from Friends voice in my head

How you doing?

Hearts are hugs through the airwaves....come get yours

tenor-1.gif