Honored Contributor

❤️Do you like when your posts are “hearted”? (👍🏻“liked”/ FB?)

I am wondering how others feel when their posts are ❤️  “hearted” (on this forum)

or 👍🏻 “liked” on FB.

This is my interpretation: I like my”stuff” to be read by others and to be acknowledged. Therefore, I like to see positive expressions that they DID, in fact, read what I wrote. So, for me, the answer would be “yes.”

I rarely return to a discussion unless I am “notified” .... like this @LTT1.

Just a question about your feelings/actions and an FYI from me to you.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: ❤️Do you like when your posts are “hearted”? (👍🏻“liked”/ FB?)

@LTT1

I am often surprised when I see a thread that the OP starts, which receives 1K views, and only a few hearts.

There are thread starters and thread repliers.  Some people do both, and some only do one.  Without thread starters, there would be no discussion, but sometimes I think people are stingy with the hearts. 

Why not give an OP hearts for starting a discussion, even if you don't reply, because it gives you something enjoyable to read?

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1

I just hearted your post loves!

I hereby make a public and universal apology to all posters I have failed to acknowledge with a ❤. Truth be told I often forget or am scrolling through posts quickly and don't take the time. 

I will try to do a better job!

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

You are right. Why not heart a new thread even if I have nothing to contribute?

So❤❤❤ for all the threads you initiate!

Trusted Contributor

I think we all like to see that people agree with your thoughts---so yes it's nice to receive and give hearts.

Jamma

Respected Contributor

Yes, I like hearts and giving hearts.  I also like to get a heart in notifications as a reminder  to return to a thread and see what others have had to say.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz@lolakimono

My “fear” is that with no interaction, there might be no conversation. This would be very sad imo.

Another thought: do people like to have another say “thank you” to them? Do they like for people to say “hello?” If others do not acknowledge them there would appear to be very little starting/continuing of friendship.

There was a discussion here about 1 month ago... the poster’s posts had not been acknowledged by family members, even when she somehow wrote directly to them (posted on their page or “tagged” them.

So, if a post isn’t acknowledged it might be safe to assume it was not read by another.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@OKprincess, SEE, Thanks! @SharkE I hear ya on the "Mentioned" front!

Honored Contributor

I try to remember to ❤️ What I've read. If it turns arguementative I don't ❤️ and I'm out of the thread. So yes it's nice to have posts acknowledged.