Honored Contributor

Re: ☕️Coffee is (Mostly) Good For You

Cherry:  Yes, not good if one has acid reflux or GERD.  It can activate the stomach acids. 

'Don't get me wrong', I love my coffee each day.  Not too strong, though.  Nothing near to/ like St*rbucks, which is very strong.  Even their lighter options, although I've taken it home and mixed some of it into my regular coffee.  Sort of a coffee seasoning, so to speak.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

It seems like every few months or so a new study comes out about coffee.  It's good for you, it's bad for you - on and on.

I drink Starbuck's Blonde Roast every morning - I usually don't finish the second cup.

I'm careful what I put in my coffee.  A lot of "add on's" have a lot of calories.  I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.  

Trusted Contributor

Love my coffee in the morning!  But only 2 cups and not too strong.  Starbucks coffee is just toooo strong for me!

Honored Contributor

I go with the theory everything in moderation....one or two cups is fine....some overdo it like anything else..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

wrote:

It still can be very hard on your stomach, my husband drinks decaf and it still can cause upsets, but he loves his coffee

Have him try regular dark roast. Light roast upsets my stomach, dark doesn't. I've never had decaf and believe the dcafing process is unhealthy. 

Honored Contributor

I drank coffee when I was younger.  Middle aged brought on hearburn so I stopped.  Now, one of the meds I take and certain rules I follow, allows me to have coffee again.  One or two cups a day.

Aside from enjoying new brands and flavors, I feel better and have more energy after a cup.

Esteemed Contributor

Coffee may be "mostly" good for me but I can assure you it is 100% good for the health and well-being of those around me.  Without my morning coffee beware of Marp.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

wrote:

Anyone who has ever taken a statistics class knows you can skew any study or any findings to be exactly the result you desire it to be.

As for coffee - and all caffine - a little is great , too much is notr. This isn't rocket science.

@151949

That's not true.  The only way you can skew a result is to meddle with the test, not the stats.  Not unless you out and out submit a false report.

You are also using skew incorrectly, but I'm not going into that boring explanation.

Honored Contributor

I grew up in a family of coffee purists. We grind the beans and drink it black, no flavors, no cream, no sugar...and I've continued as I began with one exception; iced coffee with cream behind closed doors or after dark out on the patio.

Honored Contributor

My husband has a hietal (Sp) hernia and it gives him trouble when he gets strong coffee