Honored Contributor

Re: šŸŒāš”ļø'When Venting Goes from Helpful to Harmful'

[ Edited ]

I do my best to avoid people who are programmed to think they must vent  (or WHINE)  about every little thing .... IMO, it's negative self-indulgence, and they are no fun to be around.  

In fact, they are downright annoying.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U wrote:

I feel better after venting. But I don't do it to everyone. I only confide in my husband and my best friend depending what it is.

Personally, I think its better to vent then to hold things in. I know some people that hold things in and they ended up on nerve pills or anti depressants. So I will keep venting if I need to!

@Shorty2U

Because I do not feel the need to "vent" to others does not equate to not having things that bother me. In my healthier days, running an extra couple miles, or working harder when I have my ice skates on me feet, and skating.

A good skater can just glide around while enjoying the music, or do different types of interval skating to increase the heart rate and fatigue the legs. Physical fatigue is a good way to release things that my be bothering you, and I don't even have to open my mouth or type my issues.

When physically challenged because of serious injuries or serious health issues, I rely on my mind. I have practiced mental imagery for decades now, and can find many way to accomplish the same things I did with my running and skating methods.

There are other ways to "vent"  if a person chooses to look for them. Many choose the simple and easiest ways, shouting/breaking things/slamming doors, and of course, typing on a forum. I will stick with my methods as they are inclusive to anyone but myself.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Complaining

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Shorty2U wrote:

I feel better after venting. But I don't do it to everyone. I only confide in my husband and my best friend depending what it is.

Personally, I think its better to vent then to hold things in. I know some people that hold things in and they ended up on nerve pills or anti depressants. So I will keep venting if I need to!

@Shorty2U

Because I do not feel the need to "vent" to others does not equate to not having things that bother me. In my healthier days, running an extra couple miles, or working harder when I have my ice skates on me feet, and skating.

A good skater can just glide around while enjoying the music, or do different types of interval skating to increase the heart rate and fatigue the legs. Physical fatigue is a good way to release things that my be bothering you, and I don't even have to open my mouth or type my issues.

When physically challenged because of serious injuries or serious health issues, I rely on my mind. I have practiced mental imagery for decades now, and can find many way to accomplish the same things I did with my running and skating methods.

There are other ways to "vent"  if a person chooses to look for them. Many choose the simple and easiest ways, shouting/breaking things/slamming doors, and of course, typing on a forum. I will stick with my methods as they are inclusive to anyone but myself.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut  Very well said and also good tips.  I enjoy reading your posts.

Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I do my best to avoid people who are programmed to think they must vent  (or WHINE)  about every little thing .... IMO, it's negative self-indulgence, and they are no fun to be around.  

In fact, they are downright annoying.

I agree. Whining gets old. I guess people don't realize how they come across.

Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

Thanks for your posts @Moonchilde

@GCR18 @Tantallum @Shorty2U @hckynut @ROMARY

@ROMARY!

šŸ˜Š

The takeaway is not saying that we

never should

vent but just there are good ways and bad

ways as many of you said.

thanks again!!!

šŸ˜Š

Agreed. I think some posters didn't read the whole OP and instead took it to say "don't ever vent" lol.