Respected Contributor

Re: ⛄️ Snow predictions in your area 1/3-4/18 ❄️

Snow predicted = 0 inches.  I am in sunny, warm Arizona. 

Trusted Contributor

Had to chuckle when I read this.  I got up to go to work early knowing the storm was coming in so had to get my guy moiving a bit early.  Tried to let him out and the patio had  buckled up and I couldn't get the door open.  He had to squeeze out and just barely made it!  

Then...came back into the house and went to get my nice cup of coffee, noticed the cup only had about an inch so...made another cup.  Same...Keurig died....yay...quite a day today....snow..noplace for my pup to go.. and no coffee!  AARGH!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

Not far from you folks, Im in Central MA.  At least a foot has fallen and the wind is brutal.  I cleaned off my driveway and the front walkway, not sure how long that will last with the wind.  Decided to do it when it was light out and it wasn't the brutal cold they're saying is coming back.......just think....Summer is coming!!! YAY!! (then I'll complain about frizzy hair and humid weather)

@Jtdmum

Exactly, frizzy hair and humdity(he,he!)!  Thanks, you made me laugh!

What time did you go out - only a foot, had to be early!  Was just talking to a friend on fb msg - lives by UMass.  She's been out every hour almost shoveling back door 'cause snow's been building up to couple feet this afternoon due to wicked winds!

I live on top of hill too and get a windtunnel coming down Massasoit Rd, across 20 and up into Millbury.  But sidewalk I shoveled is on south side so didn't get major drifts by that side!

Gonna wait 'til morning to clean up again - will get what I can.  Driveway will be iced up right after its plowed and so windy can't even put ice melt down.  

I think I prefer curly hair and sweating(hemhe!).  Take care, @Jtdmum.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

Had to chuckle when I read this.  I got up to go to work early knowing the storm was coming in so had to get my guy moiving a bit early.  Tried to let him out and the patio had  buckled up and I couldn't get the door open.  He had to squeeze out and just barely made it!  

Then...came back into the house and went to get my nice cup of coffee, noticed the cup only had about an inch so...made another cup.  Same...Keurig died....yay...quite a day today....snow..noplace for my pup to go.. and no coffee!  AARGH!

Bummer, @Jtdmum.  If it weren't for this "weather" I'd have lent you one of mine!

Trusted Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Jtdmum wrote:

Not far from you folks, Im in Central MA.  At least a foot has fallen and the wind is brutal.  I cleaned off my driveway and the front walkway, not sure how long that will last with the wind.  Decided to do it when it was light out and it wasn't the brutal cold they're saying is coming back.......just think....Summer is coming!!! YAY!! (then I'll complain about frizzy hair and humid weather)

@Jtdmum

Exactly, frizzy hair and humdity(he,he!)!  Thanks, you made me laugh!

What time did you go out - only a foot, had to be early!  Was just talking to a friend on fb msg - lives by UMass.  She's been out every hour almost shoveling back door 'cause snow's been building up to couple feet this afternoon due to wicked winds!

I live on top of hill too and get a windtunnel coming down Massasoit Rd, across 20 and up into Millbury.  But sidewalk I shoveled is on south side so didn't get major drifts by that side!

Gonna wait 'til morning to clean up again - will get what I can.  Driveway will be iced up right after its plowed and so windy can't even put ice melt down.  

I think I prefer curly hair and sweating(hemhe!).  Take care, @Jtdmum.

Golden--I left that area (rte 9) an headed home to Leominster about 2:45.  Had a foot - give or take when I got home about an hour later.  Just looked out...doesn't look like I touched it.  Wind is sooo bad.  Snow has slowed since earlier but it's blowig like crazy.  I'll deal with it in the am.  I've had enough for today.  Bring on the frizz...

Esteemed Contributor

@Jtdmum

Right idea!  Way too brutal to shovel.  Supposed to be in the 40-50* some day next week!  If you can't clean it up it'll melt!!!

Glad you got home safetly - very slick out there!  Stay in, stay safe and keep that furbaby warm and cozy!  Eddy's napping right now.Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

In PA we only got an inch of snow but the schools were closed Thursday and are closed again Friday, because its freezing here (9 degrees) wind chills will be 25 to 30 BELOW zero for the next 2 days. Its horrible out. And snow from now and before is blowing all over roads and roadways that were wet are freezing.  (Also I hope we ;don't lose power w these wind gusts). 

They said you can get frost bite in seconds. Ugh! Im ready for Spring already! I cant wait to get our heating bill its been 10 degrees or lower here for a long time.

I saw the storm damage in NJ and MD on the beaches and its horrendous. Also saw flooding ice in Mass. and Hudson River in NY.

Stay safe everyone! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

No snow predicted here..just bitter crazy cold temps...looking downright balmy for next week, 40’s, yeah!!!!😀😀

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

it's going to be sunny and cold today

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

it's going to be sunny and cold today

Sunny and brutal cold here thru Sunday.  Next week above freezing!!  Hallelujah!