Honored Contributor

Re: ⛄️ Snow predictions in your area 1/3-4/18 ❄️

Saturday the weather people said we would get a light dusting of snow. We got 3 inches.

Today they said we would get 3 inches. I think we already got 3 inches and it is still coming down like crazy.

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

Antone think about a generator?

I am thinking that mine will kick in if it needs to 

Respected Contributor

In northern Delaware there doesn't seem to be much snow but the wind is blowing like crazy and it is very cold.  Everything is closed- schools, doctor's offices (both my daughter and I had appointments today that were cancelled) even stores are closed as I tried calling our local Edible Arrangements to order something for a brunch I am having on Sunday and they were also closed. Not looking forward to the next two days as it is supposed to be bitterly cold with wind chill temperatures in the single digits.  I am off from work on Fridays and I have things to do tomorrow and Saturday- not looking forward to braving the elements!

Esteemed Contributor

I really feel for you all caught in this snow event!!  After having lived in North Dakota for over a year, I decidedly hate  snow....other than in a movie or outside of a picture window!! I made up my mind to never live in snow again!!!

Here in the Southwest, our nights have been cold - below freezing, but we do warm up during the day!!  After all we are called, the Sun City. This week end we will be close to the 70's....

To those in the snow...be safe and be warm!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

An inch, maybe....and our county announced an hour ago that schools will be closed today.

Yep.

@SahmIam, hehehe🙄!

Esteemed Contributor

We had our rare Christmas snow December 24 and 25th. We've had cold temps and sunshine since then, and today we're going to be back to rain, as usual.

Trusted Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Here in RI--8-14 inches with 50 mile an hour windgusts....schools are cancelled...state govt closed...frigid temps days after...thank goodness we have a generator....and my husband just informed me he left our cell phone (only have one for emergencies) in his van--which is at a repair shop!!  No power....no phone.......geez...trying to keep my cool...

HI,  I am in Ct. near the Foster, R.I. line....we have so far 12 inches but man that

wind is terrible....keep warm  neighbor...

Trusted Contributor

Here in Killingly, Ct.  we have 12 inches...and terrible wind....40-50 mph.

Esteemed Contributor

When the plowman came to do my driveway I was putting my boots on in the mudrm and Eddy ran out wihout his jacket! In less than a minute he was barking at the backdoor to come back in, ran inside the house to warm up! That was a little after 4pm.

To get the gate open and to get to driveway had to shovel about twenty feet and snow was an easy 15-16" then and still coming down bigtime.  I did this in record time - to pay my friend who plows and give him a soda and crackers.  My thick, heavy sweater was slightly longer than my parka and I had to change when I got it as it was soaking wet!  Brian will be back tonite or tomorrow to plow again due to more snow and wind!

Guess I can't complain.  The poor people on the coastline got ocean waters coming in - even in Boston! News just reported that some of the people on Plum Island have lost their gas tanks(got detached from homes) which are used to heat/cook with - they are floating around now - probably in Newburyport but no longer on Plum!

A good thing from all this:  Eddy's not going to run outside without his parka again; and I'm pretty sure he'll listen to his Momma when she tells him to stay inside!Woman LOL

Again, hope everyone gets thru this safe and sound!

Trusted Contributor

Not far from you folks, Im in Central MA.  At least a foot has fallen and the wind is brutal.  I cleaned off my driveway and the front walkway, not sure how long that will last with the wind.  Decided to do it when it was light out and it wasn't the brutal cold they're saying is coming back.......just think....Summer is coming!!! YAY!! (then I'll complain about frizzy hair and humid weather)