Respected Contributor

Re: ⛄️ Snow predictions in your area 1/3-4/18 ❄️

Here in So. Maine, it is predicted 10-14" of snow with wind gusts in the 50-60 mph range. Blizzard type of storm. It is already coming down quickly. Just started maybe an hour ago. The majority of the people are use to this type of thing. Nothing new. Stay home, off the roads if you can. Let the plows do their job unimpeded.

Respected Contributor

Stay safe!

Honored Contributor

Southeastern Wisconsin, still bitter bitter cold......But no snow until Sunday, and then I think only a couple of inches! Today as I was driving in, it was -1, and the windchill is -12.....

Esteemed Contributor

Well, hope everyone makes it thru this storm safe and sound with no damage.  Already low visibility in Worcester, MA.  Worcester is the 'City of Seven Hills' so, as usual, very difficult to get around.

Latest update, we'll be getting the brunt of it this afternoon and should end by 8p.m., with whiteout, blizzard conditions, thundersnow forecasted and over a foot of snow.  The heavy winds and artic blasts we'll be getting will be the worst part, I think.  The Cape and islands have high tides and ice to deal with also!

Extreme cold can bring power lines down, along with high winds, weight from snow and ice.  Just hoping for minimal power outages - the cold can reek havoc on pipes, etc.

I don't know about your areas, but around here a lot of people are having difficulty getting heating oil - know of someone who must wait until next week!  Fortunately, got a delivery yesterday.  The guy told me they're working twelve-hour days, seven days a week trying to keep up with demand!

Has everyone had enough winter yet?!!?

Valued Contributor

I'm in SE coast of NC we got 3 inches. Glad I moved from Boston.

Honored Contributor

For those in the Tri-State area

Lonnie Quinn on Channel 2 has jacket off and sleeves rolled up which means serious and bad weather :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal, we are staying put.  We have secured everything we can't bring inside. The forecasters are saying this could be the worse storm in 50 years.  Now that’s scary.

We are all stocked up, have a wood stove and a propane stove top so we will be able to cook.  The worst is supposed to be late afternoon into evening.  Stay safe everyone.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme, stay safe!

Respected Contributor

Here at the Jersey Shore, they are calling this a blizzard.

Honored Contributor

Everyone stay safe and warm.

I'm in Ohio and we aren't going to get anything here, however our temps are the problem.

Schools were supposed to be back in session Tuesday and they have been closed all week and last night they closed many of them for the rest of the week because of the cold temps.