Honored Contributor

Re: ⛄️ SNOW ⛄️

[ Edited ]

I had to laugh at the news.  We (midwest) were slammed with snow Friday night and a brief mention of it was on national news.   On Saturday, as the storm headed for the east coast, national news spent several minutes on on it in every newscast.  It's a bad storm so I don't mind the reporting.  It just seemed funny to me that the news spent so much more time on it when it went east.  

We received 8" snow Friday night.  It's below zero temps and windy now.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

We got snow the other day and a little night before last.  I live in Northern Va.

I'm soooo freaking tired of hearing that we are in an area where it might snow/rain/sleet (pick it) then again, it might not.

It's a joke from people who've always lived around here that no one knows the weather unless you are standing out in it.

We joke about the weathermen.  So who knows if it's going to snow......or not...

You ought to live in the midwest where the odds of snow are a lot greater but meteorologists can't tell you what's really going to happen.  We laugh too.

Respected Contributor

Re: ⛄️ SNOW ⛄️

[ Edited ]

@1Snickers wrote:

We aren’t expecting snow,just rain but as it turns colder possible ice on roads.

In Virginia it’s better to stay inside if snow and ice are expected.

We have been having what my Mother called Pneumonia weather (warm one day and cold the next). These last few warm days have been great though.

Good luck to all in the snow, keep warm!

@1Snickers- I'm in VA -  and since I retired now I don't worry about snow but that's after paying my dues the 30 years driving up I95/395 to DC to work.  Worst for us was sitting on

95 for 7 hours bc the forecast shifted and it began snowing 2 inches per hour.  Back then they just shut down the interstate with us all on it - that was real fun!  Loved the "pneumonia weather" comment.  My mother used to say the same thing.

They just said the temps are gonna plummet and get incredibly cold AND the winds are coming - no power for long periods of time during cold like this scares me more than snow!  

Respected Contributor

We went from a lot of rain and wind to snow and wind. Now there is a sheet of ice under the snow. The roads couldn't be treated because the rain would have washed it away.

Trusted Contributor

just wait.  there is another storm on  the way.  salt lake city is expected to get at least 8 to 12 inches by tuesday.  ifwe get hit hard, then the storms move east.

ugh!!!!! i hate the thoughts of so much snow.  i plaan to get my haikrcut on tuesday morning and i am thinking of canceling

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

We got about 6-7 inches of snow in southwestern Michigan. Just another winter day. No cancellations, didn't slow anyone down. 

My sister is driving in to your area to attend a funeral.  I wish she wouldn't drive (it;ll be an 8 hour drive).   I didn't think it was that much snow. Been trying to talk her in to flying. 

Honored Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

just wait.  there is another storm on  the way.  salt lake city is expected to get at least 8 to 12 inches by tuesday.  ifwe get hit hard, then the storms move east.

ugh!!!!! i hate the thoughts of so much snow.  i plaan to get my haikrcut on tuesday morning and i am thinking of canceling

I heard that earlier and coldn't believe it!

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

We got about 6-7 inches of snow in southwestern Michigan. Just another winter day. No cancellations, didn't slow anyone down. 

My sister is driving in to your area to attend a funeral.  I wish she wouldn't drive (it;ll be an 8 hour drive).   I didn't think it was that much snow. Been trying to talk her in to flying. 

It really isn't that much snow here! It's not a big deal to us at all. The roads have all been plowed and everyone is going about their business as usual.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~