Honored Contributor

Re: ⛄️☕️Starbucks Holiday Cups!

[ Edited ]

I would like a plain old white cup that is inexpensive.  A holiday surprise would be to lower the price of their drinks.

I wonder how much all of those pretty cups cost a piece?

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom, I like, and share, in your enthusiasm for Starbuck's 2018 holiday cups. Thanks for giving us a look. I can't even choose a favorite since they're all so pretty!

If you lived nearby I'd invite you to share in a cup of your favorite holiday drink. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like the one with the berries best, but I'll take any of them.  😀

Respected Contributor

I live where Starbuck's coffee is the second choice.

Caribou Coffee rules in my neck of the woods! The cups are pretty but we refer to Starbucks coffee as Charbucks!

I will say though, that I am a fan of their Lime Refresher with a splash of coconut milk, but that's as far as I go!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@sidsmom, I like, and share, in your enthusiasm for Starbuck's 2018 holiday cups. Thanks for giving us a look. I can't even choose a favorite since they're all so pretty!

If you lived nearby I'd invite you to share in a cup of your favorite holiday drink. Smiley Happy

@SusieQ_2

That would be so sweet! Girl talk over coffee/tea...love!

My drink of choice is boring...just plain drip coffee

(do they even make that anymore?). 🙃

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom

Sure, they have plain drip coffee! It's what I get 99% of the time I go to Starbucks, which truth be told is usually to buy a gift card for my daughter who loves all the specialty drinks.

Recently she had one called Witches Brew that was purple but tasted like an orange Cremesicle. That's a little too sweet, and way too many calories, for me! I may indulge in a Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte or something with peppermint/mocha one or twice in the season, but mostly it's plain coffee for me too. 

Respected Contributor

We got the free grande red cup today. Refillable.

Esteemed Contributor

They say holiday cups but then the motifs are Christmas. I see nothing that represents any other holiday. It is like they want to PC but still want those Christmas dollars. Better to just go with a winter theme. That way no one gets left out or offended.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No gripe with SB, visit them at airports and such.  

But when I can, like @dex I prefer the smaller independent shops.  

This is a loved memory from a Christmas visit we made to a famous, old coffee shop in Vienna.  Employees wear beautifully cut frock coats, people sit all day just reading their news paper,  perfectly acceptable, no one would think of encouraging one to hurry up, or order more.  White serving wear.

I do not eat this way often, REALLY, but this was a Special Treat for us just to be there.  The pastry and, of course coffee were wonderful, as expected.  That layer of cream, well, it’s solid.

Do not know the couple in the background.

Vienna coffeeshop

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythethats an omg and worth every last calorie.I bet that memory is delicious.