Respected Contributor

Re: Who's watching the American West Show? 7-4 at 6pm?

@Bird mama wrote:

I'm glad that Carolyn is having a good visit with American West.  Her last visit was a little awkward and even though I don't order every time she is on, I want her to do well at the Q.

Exactly, @Bird mama. IMHO, she is so great presenting her jewelry on air...one of the very best vendors ever! But that "awkward" event was, well, disturbing. I won't go on. It will be poofville.

I was listening to the caller earlier who said she has 1000 pieces of Carolyn's designs. I don't have that many but I certainly have a boatload of them... an embarrassing amount! My husband was even going to take me to the CP Gaylord event in Texas last year for my birthday, but I've got knee pain out the wazoo and I just didn't think I could do it. Maybe next time. I do love me some Carolyn Pollack jewelry!!!

Honored Contributor

I have this bird pendant from back in the day.  I like the silver work on this one too.  When I wear it, it looks like it's scoping out a landing and aiming down. Woman Very Happy

Image result for Southwestern Sterling Yellow Calcite Bird Pendant

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I've got a big jewelry box with nothing but Carolyn Pollack jewelry.  It's so heavy I can hardly lift it.  I've got many pieces I've never even worn and rarely wear the rest.  I vastly prefer her early pieces compared to what she's selling these days.  Not crazy about "American West", so no, I'm not watching.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It sounds like you all had fun, and you have some amazing pieces!  @Bird mama - your sodalite bird is beautiful!  @lolakimono - your fish is so different; I love the stones in it! I missed everything - didn't get home until almost 10. We were outside ALL day, and I don't think I've ever been as hot - well maybe twice. I grew up in the south and the heat usually doesn't bother me, but it did yesterday! I couldn't wait to get into the shower and wash my hair and my body. My makeup (and I didn't wear much) was completely gone, except for a little mascara that made me look like a racoon! Oh well - we had a great time, so I guess it was worth it. 

I did watch a little of the 1 a.m. show with the other Mary (I think). Carolyn seemed to be enjoying herself. They showed some pieces I thought seriously about. Of course The Big Deal was over. I'm glad it was popular. I ended up passing, although I didn't want to. And I  was hoping to see the earrings to match my Luna necklace, but it looks like they're gone. Smiley Sad

I must have missed the last visit. @Bird mama and @pupwhipped - was Carolyn not happy? Sometimes I get to see only a few minutes of the shows. I DVR them when they're on QVC, but can't do that on QVC2. I just hope they're treating her OK!

A while back I ordered the red coral bead charm statement necklace. I think I got it as a LTS or PTS. Even then, the price was a big bite for me (until we're done helping with college tuition!). It came, and it was one that had been returned - of course. I checked it carefully, and the only thing wrong was one of the red beads in the dragonfly was missing. So I had a decision to make. If I returned it to QVC, I would probably never get another one. I decided to call Relios. They told me to send the charm back and they would fix it. I did, and asked them to e-mail me and let me know how much the cost would be. They sent me a brand new charm, with no charge at all! This is the second time I've had excellent customer service there!  

I always enjoy watching Carolyn's shows, and I'm sad I missed so many yesterday. Did she say when she would be back? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  There is one more show, today at 3pm with Carolyn Gracie on QVC main.  I'll be watching that one.

If I recall it correctly, the last visit happened within the last 3 weeks and was focused on the CP brand.  There were supposed to be 3 or 4 shows for the visit. 

During the first (?) post midnight show of the visit, CP was not herself.  Cathy Pedrayes (host) finished presenting without CP.  Two shows of the visits ended up being cancelled.

Posts about that show included rampant speculation and they were removed by the mods. Videos from that show that included CP in them were removed from item pages.  This is all that I know, period Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks for explaining @Bird mama. I was wondering if they paired her with a host that wasn't treating her well or letting her talk about the pieces.

I'll be watching at 3 - I hope! I love "Carolyn Squared"! See you there! (((HUGS)))

Honored Contributor

I just got home and am tuned in. 

Anyone else?

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@beach-mom  There is one more show, today at 3pm with Carolyn Gracie on QVC main.  I'll be watching that one.

If I recall it correctly, the last visit happened within the last 3 weeks and was focused on the CP brand.  There were supposed to be 3 or 4 shows for the visit. 

During the first (?) post midnight show of the visit, CP was not herself.  Cathy Pedrayes (host) finished presenting without CP.  Two shows of the visits ended up being cancelled.

Posts about that show included rampant speculation and they were removed by the mods. Videos from that show that included CP in them were removed from item pages.  This is all that I know, period Woman Happy

@Bird mama, I just gotta ask, did you see CP live, or even later the videos of that overnight show with Cathy Pedrayes? I did. And I'm not sure I will ever forget it. No need to comment on it. I just would be interested to know if you actually saw it. Thanks.  

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped  saw a video or two before they were snatched.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

You can still pick up some of Roderick’s pieces on the bay. 

‘Last time I looked, they seem to have held their value.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~