Esteemed Contributor

Re: When will Carolyn Pollack be on next?

@PamfromCT  So good to hear from you, Pam!  

I've heard about coffee, but have never liked it so that news didn't pertain to me and didn't pay much attention. Sounds like you've weaned yourself down to two cups. Is that a safe amount? My son and DIL drink a lot and I worry about them. I stick to water most of the time. Boring, but healthy.

That Prolia is such a great (and safe) med. I'll be back on it after this 18-24 month deal on Foleo. (Hope it's 18 months, since it is a new, very strong drug and I'm not as confident about the safely of it. I'll be much happier when returned to Prolia.)

Calcium. Hmmm . . . I take a Multi-vitamin (Centrum Silver) and another OTC tablet of calcium which my PCP knows about. Perhaps I need to drop the OTC? I'll bring that up with each of my physicians during my next appointments. As long as I'm on the daily injections, it seems like over-kill to continue with the OTC tablets now that you mention it. TIA!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: When will Carolyn Pollack be on next?

@BirkiLady, You are lucky you are not a coffee-nut.  In that respect, I am so like my late mom.  She used to say “Coffee is the staff of life.”  

You are doing so well.  I can appreciate your desire to reach the point where you are just on Prolia.  But I am sure you are safe, and it will be here before you know it.  What a blessing it is for so many.  I have written on these threads so many times that my DD’s career is medical research in a university setting.

She has never wanted to work for Big Pharma.  Well, this is one time I love Big Pharma.

Happy Valentines Day, be well, and stay in touch.