Valued Contributor

Re: QVC has n e r v e showing non-American West pieces during an AW show

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:
 Sometime in the middle of the night on Jennifer's program they had a peach colored leather bracelet with a big rhodonite stone. The colors clashed terribly; I thought it was the worst piece I've seen Carolyn do. I haven't even been tempted.

American West Sterling Rhodonite Braided Leather Toggle Bracelet

Personally, I didn't care for that piece. But again, its where fashion is sometimes at the fore when it comes to such retail items.

I'm not crazy about the color combo as it seems, again, a bit off or a bit of a forced marriage. The tones are just off enough as to not look cohesive.

But I like the concept of the beige or natural leather. A different, less fashion-bent stone would have made the piece more intriguing.

That's just my opinion though.

I can see where AW was going or what it was thinking. Besides pink girls, it would look good perhaps on a blonde. And many buyers may have silver hair and want a lighter SW look. Sometimes the deeper saturations of blues and blacks and browns aren't as wearable for some people.

So that's where various fashion offerings come into the picture.

I can see a woman who wears all light neutrals and who might have light hair really perhaps pulling this off.

But again, the tonality of the two pinkish elements bugs me because to my eye they're not quiiiiite just right together.

Valued Contributor

Thank you, surfk, for the sharing of your knowledge not only of Santa Fe but the Indian Market and surrounding events as well.

This has peaked my interest even more!  I am pleased to learn that Santa Fe guards their cultural treasures so there may be a long legacy for generations to come  and for those of us here and now to partake with confidence.

It is heartwarming to know that some things do not change.  Smiley Happy

Please keep writing about your expertise on this subject....I am all ears! 

Esteemed Contributor

My son lives in Rio Rancho and we live 4  hrs away in Show Low AZ and visit frequently (will be in Santa Fe for Folk Arts in 2 weeks).  Agree that Indian Market is fun if pricey and love Skip Maisels in Albuquerque and Richardson's (amazing) in Gallup.  My latest purchases include Bennie Ration, Chalmers Day and Nelson Morgan.

Trusted Contributor

I also love the check out the art section where the kids make jewelry and paintings and other crafts. There are some really talented young people...I think supporting them encourages them to continue to create....DW
Honored Contributor

I really liked these pieces:

Sterling Silver Spiny Oyster Shell Elongated Ring by American West

Spiny Oyster Shell Sterling Silver Cuff by American West

Honored Contributor

I also like the turtle cuff- on four easy pays now.

American West Sterling Red Coral Turtle Cuff 32.0g

Super Contributor

A friend of mine has that turtle coral cuff and she LOVES it!  I'm also digging those spiny pieces . . there may be a matching enhancer coming out, so I'm waiting to buy any of the pieces until I see that.  So pretty!

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Honored Contributor

jugtown wrote:

A friend of mine has that turtle coral cuff and she LOVES it!  I'm also digging those spiny pieces . . there may be a matching enhancer coming out, so I'm waiting to buy any of the pieces until I see that.  So pretty!

@Jugtown

I'm surprised about the enhancer, as the cuff is supposed to be "inspired" by a one of a kind piece that CP purchased.

I own these pieces from CP, which is probably why the spiny oyster appeals to me-

I also own these KJ turtle pieces-

Kenneth Johnson Sterling Textured Turtle Ring - J146170Image result for kenneth johnson turtleImage result for kenneth johnson turtle

Honored Contributor

@Jugtown

FYI- I just saw these on CP's website.

Turtle Earrings with Red Sea Bamboo

I don't know if this is the match (I don't wear earrings, so I'm not interested in these).