Regular Contributor

New CP website, Flash Sales not as good.

I've gotten some great deals on the relios/cp website over the years. This Summer I got some great deals on 70% clearance items, and the was off the sale price.

Unfortunately, those sales seem to be over with the launch of the new website a couple/few months ago. They still have Flash sales, but the reduction is not that much. Also, they now hold a lot of 10% off sales, certainly nothing to write home about.

Anyone else notice this?

I also just saw the post about a restocking fee on a return. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

Re: New CP website, Flash Sales not as good.

Oddly enough, I was just thinking this morning that I no longer receive any emails from Carolyn Pollack's website.  And I've bought a lot from her site over the years, most recently during the last sale.

I agree with you - the new website is nowhere near as good as the old one.  I find it harder to navigate and that's just tiring.  We don't have the best Internet speed here (rural) and it takes forever to get through things now.

I guess, regardless of the fact that I was already a customer, I was supposed to reregister, something I didn't bother to do.  It's also annoying that they wiped out all of my purchase history.

I don't know who thought this was a good idea, but whoever it was, was wrong!

Honored Contributor

With this and the fact that they closed both of their retail outlets, I wonder if the company is not having financial difficulties?  Their first store in Albuquerque was definitely in the "high rent district".  The closed it and moved the an almost deserted discount mall in Santa Fe, then closed that store.  I doubt it had much traffic.  Hate to see this.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Interesting....

I guess it's another end of an era...  I've loved the American West line since the late 90s or so.  I am finding quite a few pieces on ebay. Some good prices, some not so good. LOL

I do have several of the Carolyn Pollack pieces, most that I got for a great price on clearance or flash sales.