Esteemed Contributor

J53401 - Sterling Silver Longhorn Necklace by AW

Do you have this, or hope to receive it later this month?  I fell in love with it when it was on in April.  Just spoke to me.  

Cogito ergo sum
New Contributor

Re: J53401 - Sterling Silver Longhorn Necklace by AW

Hi Sweetbay magnolia - I specifically came to the forum today to see if anyone had commented on the Longhorn necklace and saw this post.  I am waiting for it to arrive at the end of the month and really looking forward to receiving it.  Did you order it?

I love Carolyn's southwestern pieces and have been collecting her stuff for years.

BTW, I haven't posted in this forum for a very long time - it appears that I've reverted back to new member status and lost all of my posts and profile.  The only thing that remained was the date I registered and my user name.  Well, guess I need to get back into it...

Esteemed Contributor

@AppleBonkers, hi!  Yes, I did order the necklace, I think back in April.  The length looks perfect for just about any top (right on the collarbone) and I love the gritty spirit it portrays.  I'll even wear it with a hole-y t-shirt.  It hasn't shipped yet but I am keeping my fingers crossed and checking daily.

The forum has been updated and there has been much uproar, but there are some neat things about it, too, and tutorials are in the menu.  There was parsing of posts and things when the change occurred.

I love CPs pieces.  I think my favorite (so far) is her 50th birthday cuff.  I wear most of my jewelry whenever I feel like it but that one I save for special times.  I have a couple of things in white agate that I also reserve.

Nice chatting with you.  We will have to compare notes when we get the Longhorn.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh... I missed the presentation on this item and I really like it!  Enjoy... it is not even available now for wish list!

Longhorn necklace.jpg

Dainty enough, yet weighty enough... I would have ordered two... one would be a gift.  I am sorry that I missed this one!  Beautifully crafted and it looks nice on Sandra Bennett (?)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Well said, @LTT1!  Dainty, yet weighty.  It'll hang on the collarbone perfectly.  I so hope to get this soon - my heart started to pound when I saw it.

I guess I know why you would have bought it!

Cogito ergo sum
New Contributor

Finally...  Just checked and it's "In Process"!!!

You're so right that it's a perfect length and the very nature of the design is so suited to sit below the neckline.  It gives a nod to Georgia O'Keeffe, which I like.

I'm thinking we won't be disappointed with this one...

Esteemed Contributor

Yay!  Me too - I checked just moments ago and was delighted to see "in process".  Ditto on the O'Keeffe tribute . . . an American master.  I haven't been this excited to get a piece of jewelry in a long time.

I think it'll be worth the wait.

Cogito ergo sum
Occasional Contributor

The LH necklace seems to be available under a different number than OP subject.  Try J321520

Esteemed Contributor

@qvc_shopper wrote:

The LH necklace seems to be available under a different number than OP subject.  Try J321520

@LTT1, I hope you see this.  Thank you, @qvc_shopper.

@AppleBonkers, just got the vaunted necklace and I love it.  Sure enough, I had an old, worn t-shirt on and my straw cowboy hat, and it's perfect.  If it's your thing, I think it's a great signature piece.  A reviewer said if would be good with other necklaces and I agree.  Somehow says Joni Mitchell to me, too.  I hope you enjoy yours.  

Cogito ergo sum
New Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia, my longhorn necklace arrived on Saturday.  Glad that you're happy with yours -  I also love it, and agree that it is a great signature piece!  Sits at just the right spot - but, I've also tried it with a 2" extender and it looks good a bit longer, too.  I do think that the chain could probably have been a little bit heavier, but that certainly doesn't stop me from loving this piece.  Tried layering with other necklaces, as you mentioned, and that works also.  I'm thinking this might also look really cool with a black or dark brown cord coming off the horns - too bad it can't be switched up to go either way.  Anyway, this was definitely worth the wait - it's a keeper!