Honored Contributor

Re: Independence Day TSV - American West Naja Necklace

It's a mish mash; they tried to be all things to all people and failed miserably.  They should have just given us a traditional squash blossom necklace.  They tweaked it to attract customers who aren't into western style jewelry; they  lightened it up and refined to the point where it is silly looking.   It's not western, not Native American, not a dressy, polished piece.  It's an overpriced mish mash of all three.  On the other Jane's rationale of how it is that they had so much of the "rare" and unobtainable Sleeping Beauty turquoise rang hollow.  They can' go on and on and on about the end of Sleeing Beauty.......and then keep selling it...lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not into mini squash blossoms, neither fish nor fowl. I see them occasionally in NM and think they look silly.

Frequent Contributor

Did you notice they keep saying the Naja will not move when on the necklace yet everytime they go to one of the models it is hanging lopsided? As I am typing this I just looked up at the host and the Naja is hanging sideways on the necklace.   I have the smaller Naja necklace they offered last year, and I am glad I got that one as I don't care for this one.  

Looking at the new pieces online the only thing that is slightly tempting to me is the Jennifer Nettles two band Turq ring.  

Trusted Contributor

I like that ring too red....but I'm also loving the elongated coral ring...j324356...DW
Valued Contributor

I don't care for it either.....the small round double strand of beads, the removable small looking naja.  It looks like much $$$ for what you are getting.....I can do better.

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman wrote:
I like that ring too red....but I'm also loving the elongated coral ring...j324356...DW

Sterling Silver Red Coral Elongated Ring by American West - J324356

Respected Contributor

I'm not crazy about this version of squash blossom either.
Trusted Contributor

Birdmamma, thanks.  I've just always liked smaller scale SW jewelry myself.  I loved the pretty little necklace you showed the picture of and had it been turquoise or lapis, especially lapis, I might have considered it.  I like coral but it isn't my favorite. 

My brother had me rolling with laughter last night because he happened to glance at the hummingbird ring and he thought the wings looked like devil horns and he didn't know it was a hummingbird.  After we pointed the bird out he "got" it but he kept saying how it looked like horns!  Squirrel!!

Super Contributor

birdmama, did you get it?  I love it but it is expensive.

Super Contributor

I have it and I'm still on the fence, but I will say it is definitely worth the price.  It's not light weight at all and made beautifully.  I do agree about the shiny beads being somewhat off, although it's kind of a nice contrast to the nicely oxidized squash stations.  It still does not beat out my other traditional squash blossoms although it's very pretty.  My fave is still the mini squash necklace and the super SB naja of course. Smiley Very Happy  Lovin' that big red coral double stone ring and the spiny ring!

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles