Frequent Contributor

Coral signature gemstone cuff has lost its color on one side

One side of my cuff is nearly completely clear.  How could this happen?  I never wet it or damaged it and the other side is fine, so how on earth could the color just leach away?  My turquoise version is just fine.  I have so much jewelry no one piece gets a lot of wearings and I bet I've worn that coral cuff 3 or 4 times. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Coral signature gemstone cuff has lost its color on one side

I suggest you contact her company.  You would find the number on the card that came with the packaging.  They stand behind their products.  I needed to size a ring and called them.  I was given information to ship the piece to them.  In no time I had the ring back and it fits perfectly. I know this was not a repair, but it shows that they are very helpful. You should have no problem.  

Honored Contributor

If a piece of CP's jewelry is not performing as it should, I'm sure they'd want to know about it.  Please call them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Hi Tracy - Would you please post the J number for the bracelet or even a photo, so I know which we're talking about?  Carolyn's coral is actually dyed sea bamboo.  So if the stone were to come into contact repeatedly with water, or even briefly with any sort of chemical (like soap, perfume, lotion, household cleaners or sprays, etc.), the color could fade.  As others have mentioned, Carolyn's CS is second to none.  So if you give them a call, I'm sure they'll make it right, and perhaps offer a better explanation than mine.  I have had a few CP coral pieces for years and never had a problem.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5@tracytracy.   Ali, I assumed Tracy was speaking of J289187 since she referred to "two sides".  I hope she called Relios and would love to have her report back with the outcome.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Ahhhhh ok, thanks for the info @Kachina624!  That was not the one I was thinking of.  And now I'm really stumped, because the stones in that collection are protected by the quartz doublet top.  The only thing I can think of is that the epoxy (which attaches the doublet components to one another) has deteriorated and become cloudy (making the stone appear faded).  Doublets require special care for that very reason.  But OP says she's taken very good care of the piece.  And usually the epoxy is super durable.  Maybe she just received a dud/defective doublet?  I'm interested to hear what happens too!  Please keep us posted Tracy!!

Frequent Contributor

I"m sorry I'm so late weighing back in!  I called QVC CS on the coral cuff and they took it back.  I did not elect to exchange it.  I never use cleaners on my jewelry (I use all safekeepers, so really I never clean my jewelry at all), so I was quite mystified about how the color loss took place. It did not get wet. But I got my money back so I was satisfied.  Meantime there are beautiful new pieces today!  I have my eye on the amethyst cuff and the MOP fan enhancer.  Have fun today, ladies...love jewelry days!  And I've never had any problems before or since with a Carolyn piece so I'm not worried.