Occasional Contributor

Change in price one day later on new American West dangle earrings - shame on you QVC

They were selling a new pair of American West dangle earrings - item #

J397933 on July 27 - just yesterday.
American West Sterling Silver Gemstone Dangle Earrings

I just happened to be looking at them again and see the price has dropped in less than 24 hrs and the s&h charges went from 5.50 to 3.50. SHAME ON YOU QVC. If I hadn't checked, I would have just paid more. I was told that because my item was "in process" they couldn't change the price until after I receive the item (which is nonsense!!!). Now I have to call again after receiving the earrings. If you ordered these on July 27 (lots of people did), call and get your price adjustment! I am really angry about this.It's going to be almost 20 bucks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Change in price one day later on new American West dangle earrings - shame on you QVC

@tttheresa 

Contact the mods here and they will take care of the price adjustment.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Change in price one day later on new American West dangle earrings - shame on you QVC

@tttheresa   You're wasting your time spouting off about nothing.  You've been told you can get a refund of the price difference when it ships.  There's a reason for that; it's not just to inconvenience you.  They often lower prices before a special event so perhaps you should have waited. 

Now just simmer down. You sound foolish. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

I totally agree w/ you...shame on QVC. The same thing happened with the American West 17" bead necklace.  I ordered it for $133.99 w/ $3.50 S&H and two days later it was $126.00!  They made up on the price, however, by charging $5.50 S&H & $8+ in taxes. I have really gotten tired of QVC & their need to squeeze their customers for every penny...as if they don't make enough money.  They charge $3.50 S&H when they send the item to us but they charge $6.95 for us to return it to them; a box w/ a pair of shoes is charged $3,50 S&H but a thin necklace is charged $5,50 for S&H. In this day and age of companies offering free S&H & returns; products delivered w/in 2-3 days;& perks given for loyal customers, QVC's days are numbered!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Aristophanes 

I'm sure you realize QVC does not set the amount of tax you are to be charged.

You def should shop at those other companies you mentioned.

@tttheresa 

Have you ever shopped at Amazon?  The prices change BY THE HOUR.

Do you EVER get a price adjustment?  Absolutely NOT!  It has happened to me SO many times.

QVC gives us THIRTY days.

And it is correct you must wait til the item has shipped.  Why fuss?  Just call back for your price adjustment or contact the mods.  It's a quick email request.

NO big deal...at least you have 30 days to get the best price.

Occasional Contributor

I am "spouting off" as you say because it was the first time the item was shown and QVC knew they were lowering the price less than one day later. They should automatically honor the new price within that time frame without someone having to notice it on their own. There are a ton of people that ordered those earrings and other items that would not know the price was lowered. My mother is elderly and orders by phone, she would have never seen the price difference unless she happened to be watching when the item was aired again. That's why I'm SPOUTING OFF. It's for all of the people that are getting ripped off that don't even know it.

QVC Customer Care