Contributor

Re: American West Shows - Memorial Day 2019

I got up early to watch and I’m disappointed.  It’s all clearance or older pieces.  I was hoping for more new stuff.  Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the older pieces and own MANY of them, but Carolyn is on so infrequently I wanted more new.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't need anything today (I wanted the aventurine fish but it sold out last year - now I can't justify it).

I've been wearing a great AW lapis and red coral ring this weekend.  One of my favorite CP rings is a fairly petite malachite piece I've had awhile.  It's one of the few I have that will fit over the knuckle on my right ring finger anymore.

I also have an AW r/w/b ankle bracelet that I started out wearing yesterday but it looked ridiculous. I"ve started with the spider veining and I just couldn't do it.

I love her stuff.  The list of things I own is long, and the pieces have held up nicely.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I could see you in this-

American West Multi Gemstone Inlay Sterling Silver Enhancer - J352064

It's very denim-friendly-Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

@Prestons Grandma   I think there is another show later today and more in the coming days.  Some of her jewelry will be shown on QVC and others on QVC2.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I could also see you with the quail-

American West Sterling Silver Quail and Turquoise Pin/Pendant - J353130

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   I saw that quail on clearance.  I don't think it was ever presented.  The detail on the quail is remarkable.  I don't know that I'm a quail kinda gal, rofl.

I'm hoping these are presented sometime today or this week.  

American West Sterling Silver Domed Lever Back Earrings - J361802

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  @lolakimono & all:

Every appearance I crave this one:

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 6.55.44 AM.png

Adore it. WANT it. Do not, of course, NEED it.

And the versatility of an enhancer.

I have a rich collection of turquoise (mostly Navajo and Zuni) and am wearing every day.

The rainbow, though, calls me . . .

Honored Contributor

@1Professor 

Treat yourself!

It's very unique and will go with everything!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

The stamped bead bracelet (J361715) is nice.  I've purchased toggle bracelets from Carolyn in the past and they fall off my wrist.  I don't know what it is about my wrist and toggle bracelets..... Woman Frustrated

@Bird mama   The necklace is very pretty.  I make some jewelry, and have a toggle bracelet that is little too big, and it does open sometimes, so I'm careful with it.  I should just shorten it, as that would solve the problem, but the beads are hollow, and harder to string, so I haven't done that!

As for the bracelets here, I wouldn't buy them as a matter of principle.... I have a tiny wrist, and could only possibly wear the small size.  The small bracelets have far less material than the large ones.... When the focal point of the bracelet is large stones, I accept that because the stones are the same, even when the metal is less.  But in a silver beaded item, I feel like I'm subsidizing the people buying the larger pieces.  Can't bring myself to do that.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Bird mama 

I could also see you with the quail-

American West Sterling Silver Quail and Turquoise Pin/Pendant - J353130

I LOVE this piece.  Might get it at some point down the road!