Honored Contributor

I'm not on much social media, but I "borrow" one to keep up with American West.

Alex, who has been Carolyn's right-hand man for 12 years is leaving. He is moving to Colorado to take a job at an art gallery (his background before AW and CP). It seems the main reason for his move is because he will be the only caretaker for his 81-year old mother. He will also be closer to his grandchildren.

Alex helped me a few times when he happened to answer the phone. He took care of what I needed right away. One time I ordered a coral necklace with symbol charms on it. I had been thinking about it for a long time, and the price finally dropped enough for me to justify the cost. It came, and it was a return with a charm missing. I called CS, but it was sold out- of course. I called Alex, and he gave me instructions for returning it to be fixed. A few days later I got a brand new one in the mail. Every charm was perfect!

I'm happy he will be able to be near his family, but I know Carolyn will miss him terribly. We will too!  

Valued Contributor

Hi @beach-mom!  I think it's been 3 or 4 years since I stopped by the forum.  Wow, time flies.  I'm not sure what made me check in tonight, but it sure is nice to see some familiar names.  Most of us old-time forum peeps congregate over on FB group pages.  Anyway!  Yes, so sad our beloved Alex has left the Relios family!!  But wishing him well on his new journey.  I hope all of the sistas here have been well!!  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom : I have that coral necklace that I also bought once the price really dropped.  I saw that necklace for the first time in Carolyn's Albuquerque store; when it first came out it was almost $600 ( I love mine).

Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5 wrote:

Hi @beach-mom!  I think it's been 3 or 4 years since I stopped by the forum.  Wow, time flies.  I'm not sure what made me check in tonight, but it sure is nice to see some familiar names.  Most of us old-time forum peeps congregate over on FB group pages.  Anyway!  Yes, so sad our beloved Alex has left the Relios family!!  But wishing him well on his new journey.  I hope all of the sistas here have been well!!  Heart

@AliJoi5 - It is SO great to "see" you! Has it really been 3 or 4 years? Wow! We all know how fast time goes by. One of my friend's sons turned 16 today and got his license. She said he was playing in the yard and she blinked and he was a teenager. I laughed and said we've all gone through that in one way or another, especially these days.

I'm not on Facebook. A friend had a bad experience and I just can't get past that. Maybe one of these days.

We're keeping the forum going here. I look forward to Carolyn's visits with AW. It's so much easier for her not to have to travel here. But she's going to miss Alex - as we all will.

I hope you stop by once in a while and share your new treasures. Take care and (((HUGS)))!

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@beach-mom : I have that coral necklace that I also bought once the price really dropped.  I saw that necklace for the first time in Carolyn's Albuquerque store; when it first came out it was almost $600 ( I love mine).

@patbz - I love mine too! I stalked it for probably 2 or 3 years. I was so glad when it came down in price. I would bet we couldn't get it for the lower priice now! I wanted coral, and I jumped into it big time! I always thought coral was a summer stone, but I'm wearing mine year round. Enjoy yours!  Smiley Happy