Honored Contributor

wish all threads had title of book in the subject line

I wish every thread about a specific book would include the title of the book in the subject line.  Many times I've clicked on threads that are about books I'd never read with titles like "Great book!"  "You have to read this!"  "Awesome new book!" 

I don't think anyone's doing it on purpose but I think naming the title be helpful.

Am I the only one?  If I'm being cranky tell me, I can take it LOL.  Or maybe others feel the same way I do?

Super Contributor

Re: wish all threads had title of book in the subject line

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

I wish every thread about a specific book would include the title of the book in the subject line.  Many times I've clicked on threads that are about books I'd never read with titles like "Great book!"  "You have to read this!"  "Awesome new book!" 

I don't think anyone's doing it on purpose but I think naming the title be helpful.

Am I the only one?  If I'm being cranky tell me, I can take it LOL.  Or maybe others feel the same way I do?

@LoriLori

I just wish posters would include book titles and their authors each and every time they post. 

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Honored Contributor

I think it's a good suggestion, however when I see book in the subject, I will check it out.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  lori, it only makes sense. And if you post and ask that they please name the book, you never hear from them again. Very aggravating.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind if the title isn't in the subject line, as long as it's in the actual post. Book titles can be pretty vague, so in most cases I would rather have it in the post instead of the subject.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I don't mind if the title isn't in the subject line, as long as it's in the actual post. Book titles can be pretty vague, so in most cases I would rather have it in the post instead of the subject.

@ChynnaBlue, I didn't mean an either/or.  Sunny's framework already asks people to mention the book in their post, and underline or bold it or whatever.  I don't want that to stop.  I just wanted to add to it that it would be nice and sensible to mention the title as well if your'e starting a new thread instead of what sounds like an advertising campaign "Great book!"  "You've got to read this!"

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@LoriLori -  I'm with you. I so appreciate when people mention the title of the book AND the author in their post, since there are some books whose titles are so similiar (or identical, or so it seems to me) that's it's difficult to know what book is being discussed. 

I wish the title of the book were in the subject line as well, or if not, at least the object of the post was mentioned, instead of "You Have to Read This Book!"  Please try to make it easy for your fellow readers. Thanks! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ITA.  It makes it much easier to read.  I saw a post in What Are You Reading stating the title but not the author.  Look it up!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm bringing this back up to the top to remind everyone to PLEASE insert the title of the book you're posting about in the subject line.

Mystery-subject threads are time consuming, and we all know that we need every spare minute we have for our reading!

Thanks,

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

It's a great idea to include at least the title. I'll start doing that.